Definition of Provision. Meaning of Provision. Synonyms of Provision
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Provision. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Provision and, of course, Provision synonyms and on the right images related to the word Provision.
Definition of Provision
ProvisionProvision Pro*vi"sion, n. [L. provisio: cf. F. provision. See
1. The act of providing, or making previous preparation.
2. That which is provided or prepared; that which is brought
together or arranged in advance; measures taken
Making provision for the relief of strangers.
3. Especially, a stock of food; any kind of eatables
collected or stored; -- often in the plural.
And of provisions laid in large, For man and beast.
4. That which is stipulated in advance; a condition; a
previous agreement; a proviso; as, the provisions of a
contract; the statute has many provisions.
5. (R. C. Ch.) A canonical term for regular induction into a
benefice, comprehending nomination, collation, and
6. (Eng. Hist.) A nomination by the pope to a benefice before
it became vacant, depriving the patron of his right of
presentation. --Blackstone. ProvisionProvision Pro*vi"sion, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Provisioned; p.
pr. & vb. n. Provisioning.]
To supply with food; to victual; as, to provision a garrison.
They were provisioned for a journey. --Palfrey.
Meaning of Provision from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Provision