Definition of Dissent. Meaning of Dissent. Synonyms of Dissent
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Dissent. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Dissent and, of course, Dissent synonyms and on the right images related to the word Dissent.
Definition of Dissent
Dissent Dis*sent", n.
1. The act of dissenting; difference of opinion; refusal to
adopt something proposed; nonagreement, nonconcurrence, or
The dissent of no small number [of peers] is
frequently recorded. --Hallam.
2. (Eccl.) Separation from an established church, especially
that of England; nonconformity.
It is the dissidence of dissent and the
protestantism of the Protestant religion. --Burke.
3. Contrariety of nature; diversity in quality. [Obs.]
The dissent of the metals. --Bacon.
Syn: Disagreement; variance; difference; nonconcurrence;
DissentDissent Dis*sent", v. i. [imp. & p. p. Dissented; p. pr. &
vb. n. Dissenting.] [L. dissentire, dissentum; dis- +
sentire to feel, think. See Sense.]
1. To differ in opinion; to be of unlike or contrary
sentiment; to disagree; -- followed by from.
The bill passed . . . without a dissenting voice.
Opinions in which multitudes of men dissent from us.
2. (Eccl.) To differ from an established church in regard to
doctrines, rites, or government.
3. To differ; to be of a contrary nature. --Hooker.
Meaning of Dissent from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Dissent