Definition of Enforced. Meaning of Enforced. Synonyms of Enforced
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Enforced. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Enforced and, of course, Enforced synonyms and on the right images related to the word Enforced.
Definition of Enforced
EnforcedEnforced En*forced", a.
Compelled; forced; not voluntary. ``Enforced wrong.'
``Enforced smiles.' --Shak. -- En*for"ced*ly, adv. --Shak. EnforcedEnforce En*force", v. t. [imp. & p. p. Enforced; p. pr. &
vb. n. Enforcing.] [OF. enforcier to strengthen, force, F.
enforcir; pref. en- (L. in) + F. force. See Force.]
1. To put force upon; to force; to constrain; to compel; as,
to enforce obedience to commands.
Inward joy enforced my heart to smile. --Shak.
2. To make or gain by force; to obtain by force; as, to
enforce a passage. ``Enforcing furious way.' --Spenser.
3. To put in motion or action by violence; to drive.
As swift as stones Enforced from the old Assyrian
4. To give force to; to strengthen; to invigorate; to urge
with energy; as, to enforce arguments or requests.
Enforcing sentiment of the thrust humanity. --Burke.
5. To put in force; to cause to take effect; to give effect
to; to execute with vigor; as, to enforce the laws.
6. To urge; to ply hard; to lay much stress upon.
Enforce him with his envy to the people. --Shak.
Meaning of Enforced from wikipedia
Error: Cannot create object