Definition of Governing. Meaning of Governing. Synonyms of Governing
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Governing.
Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Governing and, of course, Governing synonyms and on the right images related to the word Governing.
Definition of Governing
GoverningGovern Gov"ern, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Governed; p. pr. & vb.
n. Governing.] [OF. governer, F. gouverner, fr. L.
gubernare to steer, pilot, govern, Gr. kyberna^n. Cf.
1. To direct and control, as the actions or conduct of men,
either by established laws or by arbitrary will; to
regulate by authority. ``Fit to govern and rule
2. To regulate; to influence; to direct; to restrain; to
manage; as, to govern the life; to govern a horse.
Govern well thy appetite. --Milton.
3. (Gram.) To require to be in a particular case; as, a
transitive verb governs a noun in the objective case; or
to require (a particular case); as, a transitive verb
governs the objective case.
Governing Gov"ern*ing, a.
1. Holding the superiority; prevalent; controlling; as, a
governing wind; a governing party in a state. --Jay.
2. (Gram.) Requiring a particular case.
Meaning of Governing from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Governing