Definition of Magazine. Meaning of Magazine. Synonyms of Magazine
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Magazine.
Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Magazine and, of course, Magazine synonyms and on the right images related to the word Magazine.
Definition of Magazine
MagazineMagazine Mag`a*zine", v. t. [imp. & p. p. Magazined; p. pr.
& vb. n. Magazining.]
To store in, or as in, a magazine; to store up for use. MagazineMagazine Mag`a*zine", n. [F. magasin, It. magazzino, or Sp.
magacen, almagacen; all fr. Ar. makhzan, almakhzan, a
storehouse, granary, or cellar.]
1. A receptacle in which anything is stored, especially
military stores, as ammunition, arms, provisions, etc.
``Armories and magazines.' --Milton.
2. The building or room in which the supply of powder is kept
in a fortification or a ship.
3. A chamber in a gun for holding a number of cartridges to
be fed automatically to the piece.
4. A pamphlet published periodically containing miscellaneous
papers or compositions.
Magazine dress, clothing made chiefly of woolen, without
anything metallic about it, to be worn in a powder
Magazine gun, a portable firearm, as a rifle, with a
chamber carrying cartridges which are brought
automatically into position for firing.
Magazine stove, a stove having a chamber for holding fuel
which is supplied to the fire by some self-feeding
process, as in the common base-burner.
Magazine Mag`a*zine", n.
1. A country or district especially rich in natural products.
2. A city viewed as a marketing center.
3. A reservoir or supply chamber for a stove, battery,
camera, typesetting machine, or other apparatus.
4. A store, or shop, where goods are kept for sale.
Meaning of Magazine from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Magazine