Definition of Stewed. Meaning of Stewed. Synonyms of Stewed
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Stewed. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Stewed and, of course, Stewed synonyms and on the right images related to the word Stewed.
Definition of Stewed
Stew Stew, v. i.
To be seethed or cooked in a slow, gentle manner, or in heat
StewStew Stew, n. [OE. stue, stuwe, OF. estuve. See Stew, v. t.]
1. A place of stewing or seething; a place where hot bathes
are furnished; a hothouse. [Obs.]
As burning [AE]tna from his boiling stew Doth belch
out flames. --Spenser.
The Lydians were inhibited by Cyrus to use any
armor, and give themselves to baths and stews.
2. A brothel; -- usually in the plural. --Bacon. South.
There be that hate harlots, and never were at the
3. A prostitute. [Obs.] --Sir A. Weldon.
4. A dish prepared by stewing; as, a stewof pigeons.
5. A state of agitating excitement; a state of worry;
confusion; as, to be in a stew. [Colloq.] StewStew Stew, n. [Cf. Stow.]
1. A small pond or pool where fish are kept for the table; a
vivarium. [Obs. or Prov. Eng.] --Chaucer. Evelyn.
2. An artificial bed of oysters. [Local, U.S.]
Meaning of Stewed from wikipedia
- Baeckeoffe, a potato
stew from Alsace
Beef bourguignon, a French
dish of beef stewed
in red burgundy
wine Beef Stroganoff, a stew with beef from Russia
- Welsh rarebit
on folk etymology) or Welsh rabbit
(original spelling) is a traditional Welsh
dish made with a savoury sauce
- Stewed tomatoes
is an American
dish prepared using fresh
and is consumed
or meat. Stew refers
to the combination...
- konjac, tofu, green
in a miso-based broth. Kansai region
Udon-suki: udon stewed
- sushi, sashimi
items, grilled, stuffed, covered
in batter, stewed
in stir-fries, rice, and noodle
- тушёнка, IPA: [tʊˈʂonkə], from тушение — 'braising') is a kind of canned stewed
po****r in Russia
and other countries
of the former
is a dessert originating
Europe, made of whole
syrup. Whole fruits
- Ai De, Re Ai De) is a 2019 Chinese television series based
on the novel Stewed Squid
(Chinese: 蜜汁炖鱿鱼; pinyin: Mi Zhi Dun You Yu) by Mo Bao Fei...
- French: [ʁatatuj]; Occitan: ratatolha
[ʀataˈtuʎɔ]) is a French
Provençal stewed vegetable
in Nice, and sometimes referred
to as ratatouille...
in several other culinary traditions
as well. The rou jia mo, from China's Shaanxi
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Stewed