Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Original. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Original and, of course, Original synonyms and on the right images related to the word Original.
Original O*rig"i*nal, n. [Cf. F. original.]
1. Origin; commencement; source.
It hath it original from much grief. --Shak.
And spangled heavens, a shining frame, Their great
Original proclaim. --Addison.
2. That which precedes all others of its class; archetype;
first copy; hence, an original work of art, manuscript,
text, and the like, as distinguished from a copy,
The Scriptures may be now read in their own
3. An original thinker or writer; an originator. [R.]
Men who are bad at copying, yet are good originals.
4. A person of marked eccentricity. [Colloq.]
5. (Zo["o]l. & Bot.) The natural or wild species from which a
domesticated or cultivated variety has been derived; as,
the wolf is thought by some to be the original of the dog,
the blackthorn the original of the plum.
Original O*rig"i*nal, a. [F. original, L. originalis.]
1. Pertaining to the origin or beginning; preceding all
others; first in order; primitive; primary; pristine; as,
the original state of man; the original laws of a country;
the original inventor of a process.
His form had yet not lost All her original
Meaning of Original from wikipedia