Definition of Seasonings. Meaning of Seasonings. Synonyms of Seasonings
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Seasonings. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Seasonings and, of course, Seasonings synonyms and on the right images related to the word Seasonings.
Definition of Seasonings
SeasoningSeason Sea"son, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Seasoned; p. pr. & vb.
1. To render suitable or appropriate; to prepare; to fit.
He is fit and seasoned for his passage. --Shak.
2. To fit for any use by time or habit; to habituate; to
accustom; to inure; to ripen; to mature; as, to season one
to a climate.
3. Hence, to prepare by drying or hardening, or removal of
natural juices; as, to season timber.
4. To fit for taste; to render palatable; to give zest or
relish to; to spice; as, to season food.
5. Hence, to fit for enjoyment; to render agrecable.
You season still with sports your serious hours.
The proper use of wit is to season conversation.
6. To qualify by admixture; to moderate; to temper. ``When
mercy seasons justice.' --Shak.
7. To imbue; to tinge or taint. ``Who by his tutor being
seasoned with the love of the truth.' --Fuller.
Season their younger years with prudent and pious
principles. --Jer. Taylor.
8. To copulate with; to impregnate. [R.] --Holland. SeasoningSeasoning Sea"son*ing, n.
1. The act or process by which anything is seasoned.
2. That which is added to any species of food, to give it a
higher relish, as salt, spices, etc.; a condiment.
3. Hence, something added to enhance enjoyment or relieve
dullness; as, wit is the seasoning of conversation.
Political speculations are of so dry and austere a
nature, that they will not go down with the public
without frequent seasonings. --Addison.
Seasoning tub (Bakery), a trough in which dough is set to
Meaning of Seasonings from wikipedia
- flavour. Other seasonings
like black pepper
and basil transfer
some of their flavour
to the food. A well designed
dish may combine seasonings
peppers, lime, and salt. The company's most po****r product
is a seasoning powder
in Spanish) consisting
- Bay seasoning
with garlic, lemon, brown
and blackened seasonings
a lower-sodium version
of Old Bay Seasoning
. In 2017...
is the process
of a cooking vessel
with a stick-resistant coating formed
fat and oil on the surface...
- internationally. Celestial Seasonings
the Red Zinger Bicycle
Cl****ic race in Colorado during
the 1970s. Celestial Seasonings
- producer Sonic Seasonings
(Media notes). East Side Digital. 1998. ESD 81372. https://www.allmusic.com/album/r208076 Sonic Seasonings
(Media notes). Columbia...
- also recognize various types
of sauces, condiments
, some are basic seasonings
, some are indigenously
developed, while another
- McCormick purchasing
in 2008. In Louisiana
and the surrounding
states, many companies
make Cajun/Creole seasonings
. It is a ****y blend
- Italian Seasoning
is a blend
of ground herbs
dishes. The main ingredients
are basil, oregano, rosemary, and...
is the process
of imparting flavor
to, or improving
of, food. Seasoning
may also refer
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Seasonings