Definition of Liquid. Meaning of Liquid. Synonyms of Liquid
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Liquid.
Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Liquid and, of course, Liquid synonyms and on the right images related to the word Liquid.
Definition of Liquid
Liquid Liq"uid (l[i^]k"w[i^]d), a. [L. liquidus, fr. liquere
to be fluid or liquid; cf. Skr. r[=i] to ooze, drop, l[=i] to
1. Flowing freely like water; fluid; not solid.
Yea, though he go upon the plane and liquid water
which will receive no step. --Tyndale.
2. (Physics) Being in such a state that the component parts
move freely among themselves, but do not tend to separate
from each other as the particles of gases and vapors do;
neither solid nor a["e]riform; as, liquid mercury, in
distinction from mercury solidified or in a state of
3. Flowing or sounding smoothly or without abrupt transitions
or harsh tones. ``Liquid melody.' --Crashaw.
4. Pronounced without any jar or harshness; smooth; as, l and
r are liquid letters.
5. Fluid and transparent; as, the liquid air.
6. Clear; definite in terms or amount.[Obs.] ``Though the
debt should be entirely liquid.' --Ayliffe.
Liquid Liq"uid, n.
1. A substance whose parts change their relative position on
the slightest pressure, and therefore retain no definite
form; any substance in the state of liquidity; a fluid
that is not a["e]riform.
Meaning of Liquid from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Liquid