Definition of Rises. Meaning of Rises. Synonyms of Rises
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Rises. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Rises and, of course, Rises synonyms and on the right images related to the word Rises.
Definition of Rises
Rise Rise, n.
1. The act of rising, or the state of being risen.
2. The distance through which anything rises; as, the rise of
the thermometer was ten degrees; the rise of the river was
six feet; the rise of an arch or of a step.
3. Land which is somewhat higher than the rest; as, the house
stood on a rise of land. [Colloq.]
4. Spring; source; origin; as, the rise of a stream.
All wickednes taketh its rise from the heart. --R.
5. Appearance above the horizon; as, the rise of the sun or
of a planet. --Shak.
6. Increase; advance; augmentation, as of price, value, rank,
property, fame, and the like.
The rise or fall that may happen in his constant
revenue by a Spanish war. --Sir W.
7. Increase of sound; a swelling of the voice.
The ordinary rises and falls of the voice. --Bacon.
8. Elevation or ascent of the voice; upward change of key;
as, a rise of a tone or semitone.
9. The spring of a fish to seize food (as a fly) near the
surface of the water.
RiseRise Rise, v. t. [See Rise, v. i.]
1. To go up; to ascend; to climb; as, to rise a hill.
2. To cause to rise; as, to rise a fish, or cause it to come
to the surface of the water; to rise a ship, or bring it
above the horizon by approaching it; to raise.
Until we rose the bark we could not pretend to call
it a chase. --W. C.
Meaning of Rises from wikipedia
- The Dark Knight Rises
on IMDb The Dark Knight Rises title listing
at the Internet Speculative Fiction Database
The Dark Knight Rises
at the TCM Movie...
- in recipes
as "Allow dough
." When they are named, terms include
"bulk fermentation," "first rise
," "second rise
," "final proof" and "shaped proof...
- vivre! ("The wind rises
!... We must try to live!")" — Paul Valéry, "Le Cimetière Marin" (The Graveyard
by the Sea). The Wind Rises
- The Sun Also Rises
, a 1926 novel
by American Ernest
Hemingway, portrays American
and British expatriates
to the Festival
- Star Wars: The Rise
as Star Wars: Episode
IX – The Rise
of Skywalker) is an upcoming American
epic space opera
3, 2010, "Mysterion Rises
" was watched
by 3.263 million
ratings, "Mysterion Rises
" was seen by 2.85 million
”, a song by Skillet
”, a song by Eddie Vedder
from Into the Wild “Rise
”, a song by Hans Zimmer
from The Dark Knight Rises Rise
is a 1926 Ernest Hemingway
novel. It may also refer
to: The Sun Also Rises
(1957 film), an adaptation directed
King The Sun Also Rises
of the Machines
as T3) is a 2003 science fiction action
by Jonathan Mostow
and starring Arnold
Must Converge Archived
2010-02-04 at the Wayback Machine Estelle Parsons reading Flannery
"Everything That Rises
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Rises