Definition of Listing. Meaning of Listing. Synonyms of Listing
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Listing.
Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Listing and, of course, Listing synonyms and on the right images related to the word Listing.
Definition of Listing
ListingList List, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Listed; p. pr. & vb. n.
Listing.] [From list a roll.]
1. To sew together, as strips of cloth, so as to make a show
of colors, or form a border. --Sir H. Wotton.
2. To cover with list, or with strips of cloth; to put list
on; as, to list a door; to stripe as if with list.
The tree that stood white-listed through the gloom.
3. To enroll; to place or register in a list.
Listed among the upper serving men. --Milton.
4. To engage, as a soldier; to enlist.
I will list you for my soldier. --Sir W.
5. (Carp.) To cut away a narrow strip, as of sapwood, from
the edge of; as, to list a board.
To list a stock (Stock Exchange), to put it in the list of
stocks called at the meeting of the board.
Listing List"ing, n.
1. The act or process of one who lists (in any sense of the
verb); as, the listing of a door; the listing of a stock
at the Stock Exchange.
2. The selvedge of cloth; list.
3. (Carp.) The sapwood cut from the edge of a board.
4. (Agric.) The throwing up of the soil into ridges, -- a
method adopted in the culture of beets and some garden
crops. [Local, U. S.]
Meaning of Listing from wikipedia
of a set of items
in the form of a list Listing
(computer), a computer
code listing Listing
(finance), the placing
to be listed
and may allow
to conditions. Normally
the issuing company
is the one that applies
for a listing
but in some countries[which...
- Listing number
of a topological space
is one of several topological invariants introduced
by the 19th-century mathematician Johann Benedict Listing
, or interlisting) of shares
is when a firm lists
its equity shares
on one or more foreign stock exchange
- franchise: Million Dollar Listing Miami
- 1 season, 2014 Million Dollar Listing
New York - 9 seasons, 2012-2021 Million Dollar Listing
- 1 season...
- A listing
or program listing
is a printed list
code or digital
data (in human-readable form). Listings
used in education...
- In the real estate industry
in the United
States, a pocket listing
or hip pocket listing
is a property where
a broker sells
a property through
- restoring listing
: All securities
LR 6, Additional requirements
for premium listing
(commercial company) LR 7, Listing
principles: Premium listing
LR 8, Sponsors:...
was first introduced
into Northern Ireland under
(Northern Ireland) Order
1972. The listing process
- A multiple listing service
(MLS, also multiple listing system
or multiple listings
service) is an organization
with a suite
that real estate...
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Listing