Definition of Rise. Meaning of Rise. Synonyms of Rise
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Rise. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Rise and, of course, Rise synonyms and on the right images related to the word Rise.
Definition of Rise
Rise Rise, n.
1. The act of rising, or the state of being risen.
2. The distance through which anything rises; as, the rise of
the thermometer was ten degrees; the rise of the river was
six feet; the rise of an arch or of a step.
3. Land which is somewhat higher than the rest; as, the house
stood on a rise of land. [Colloq.]
4. Spring; source; origin; as, the rise of a stream.
All wickednes taketh its rise from the heart. --R.
5. Appearance above the horizon; as, the rise of the sun or
of a planet. --Shak.
6. Increase; advance; augmentation, as of price, value, rank,
property, fame, and the like.
The rise or fall that may happen in his constant
revenue by a Spanish war. --Sir W.
7. Increase of sound; a swelling of the voice.
The ordinary rises and falls of the voice. --Bacon.
8. Elevation or ascent of the voice; upward change of key;
as, a rise of a tone or semitone.
9. The spring of a fish to seize food (as a fly) near the
surface of the water.
RiseRise Rise, v. t. [See Rise, v. i.]
1. To go up; to ascend; to climb; as, to rise a hill.
2. To cause to rise; as, to rise a fish, or cause it to come
to the surface of the water; to rise a ship, or bring it
above the horizon by approaching it; to raise.
Until we rose the bark we could not pretend to call
it a chase. --W. C.
Meaning of Rise from wikipedia
(2011 film), a 2011 film with Andrew Stevens Rise
(2014 film), an Australian
(Canadian TV series), a 2017 Canadian...
- Boston Dynamics
is an American engineering
and robotics design company founded
in 1992 as a spin-off from the M****achusetts Institute
of Technology. Headquartered...
- The Rise
to: The Rise
(band), a five-piece American
rock band The Rise
(****uristic album), 2015 The Rise
album), 2008 The Rise
- On the Rise
is the fourth album released
by the R&B band The S.O.S. Band on the Tabu label
in July 1983. It was produced
Jam and Terry Lewis
- Underworld: Rise
of the Lycans
is a 2009 American action horror
by Patrick Tatopoulos
Kate Beckinsale, Michael
Sheen, Bill Nighy...
- 300: Rise
of an Empire
is a 2014 American
epic historical fantasy
war film directed
by Noam Murro. It is a sequel
to the 2006 film 300, taking place
is a 2015 British dystopian drama directed
by Ben Wheatley, starring
Tom Hiddleston, Jeremy
Miller, Luke Evans, and Elisabeth
- G.I. Joe: The Rise
is a 2009 American military science fiction action
on the toy franchise created
by Hasbro, with particular
of the Footsoldier
is a British crime
on 7 September
2007. The third production
Award-nominated director Julian
of the Silver Surfer
(stylized as 4: Rise
of the Silver
Surfer) is a 2007 superhero
on the Marvel Comics superhero
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Rise