Definition of Recognizing. Meaning of Recognizing. Synonyms of Recognizing
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Recognizing.
Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Recognizing and, of course, Recognizing synonyms and on the right images related to the word Recognizing.
Definition of Recognizing
RecognizingRecognize Rec"og*nize, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Recognized; p.
pr. & vb. n. Recognizing.] [From Recognizance; see
Cognition, and cf. Reconnoiter.] [Written also
1. To know again; to perceive the identity of, with a person
or thing previously known; to recover or recall knowledge
Speak, vassal; recognize thy sovereign queen.
2. To avow knowledge of; to allow that one knows; to consent
to admit, hold, or the like; to admit with a formal
acknowledgment; as, to recognize an obligation; to
recognize a consul.
3. To acknowledge acquaintance with, as by salutation,
bowing, or the like.
4. To show appreciation of; as, to recognize services by a
5. To review; to re["e]xamine. [Obs.] --South.
6. To reconnoiter. [Obs.] --R. Monro.
Syn: To acknowledge; avow; confess; own; allow; concede. See
Meaning of Recognizing from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Recognizing