Definition of Recognized. Meaning of Recognized. Synonyms of Recognized
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Recognized. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Recognized and, of course, Recognized synonyms and on the right images related to the word Recognized.
Definition of Recognized
RecognizedRecognize Rec"og*nize, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Recognized; p.
pr. & vb. n. Recognizing.] [From Recognizance; see
Cognition, and cf. Reconnoiter.] [Written also
1. To know again; to perceive the identity of, with a person
or thing previously known; to recover or recall knowledge
Speak, vassal; recognize thy sovereign queen.
2. To avow knowledge of; to allow that one knows; to consent
to admit, hold, or the like; to admit with a formal
acknowledgment; as, to recognize an obligation; to
recognize a consul.
3. To acknowledge acquaintance with, as by salutation,
bowing, or the like.
4. To show appreciation of; as, to recognize services by a
5. To review; to re["e]xamine. [Obs.] --South.
6. To reconnoiter. [Obs.] --R. Monro.
Syn: To acknowledge; avow; confess; own; allow; concede. See
Meaning of Recognized from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Recognized