Definition of Later. Meaning of Later. Synonyms of Later
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Later. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Later and, of course, Later synonyms and on the right images related to the word Later.
Definition of Later
LaterLate Late, a. [Compar. Later, or latter; superl.
Latest.] [OE. lat slow, slack, AS. l[ae]t; akin to OS. lat,
D. laat late, G. lass weary, lazy, slack, Icel. latr, Sw.
lat, Dan. lad, Goth. lats, and to E. let, v. See Let to
permit, and cf. Alas, Lassitude.]
1. Coming after the time when due, or after the usual or
proper time; not early; slow; tardy; long delayed; as, a
2. Far advanced toward the end or close; as, a late hour of
the day; a late period of life.
3. Existing or holding some position not long ago, but not
now; lately deceased, departed, or gone out of office; as,
the late bishop of London; the late administration.
4. Not long past; happening not long ago; recent; as, the
late rains; we have received late intelligence.
5. Continuing or doing until an advanced hour of the night;
as, late revels; a late watcher. LaterLater La"ter, n.; pl. Lateres. [L.]
A brick or tile. --Knight. LaterLater Lat"er, a.
Compar. of Late, a. & adv.
Meaning of Later from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Later