Definition of Prime. Meaning of Prime. Synonyms of Prime
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Prime. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Prime and, of course, Prime synonyms and on the right images related to the word Prime.
Definition of Prime
Prime Prime, a. (Math.)
(a) Divisible by no number except itself or unity; as, 7 is a
(b) Having no common factor; -- used with to; as, 12 is prime
PrimePrime Prime, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Primed; p. pr. & vb. n.
Priming.] [From Prime, a.]
1. To apply priming to, as a musket or a cannon; to apply a
primer to, as a metallic cartridge.
2. To lay the first color, coating, or preparation upon (a
surface), as in painting; as, to prime a canvas, a wall.
3. To prepare; to make ready; to instruct beforehand; to
post; to coach; as, to prime a witness; the boys are
primed for mischief. [Colloq.] --Thackeray.
4. To trim or prune, as trees. [Obs. or Prov. Eng.]
5. (Math.) To mark with a prime mark.
To prime a pump, to charge a pump with water, in order to
put it in working condition.
Meaning of Prime from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Prime