Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Positive. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Positive and, of course, Positive synonyms and on the right images related to the word Positive.
Positive Pos"i*tive, a.
1. (Mach. & Mech.)
(a) Designating, or pertaining to, a motion or device in
which the movement derived from a driver, or the grip
or hold of a restraining piece, is communicated
through an unyielding intermediate piece or pieces;
as, a claw clutch is a positive clutch, while a
friction clutch is not.
(b) Designating, or pertaining to, a device giving a
to-and-fro motion; as, a positive dobby.
Positive Pos"i*tive, n.
1. That which is capable of being affirmed; reality. --South.
2. That which settles by absolute appointment.
3. (Gram.) The positive degree or form.
4. (Photog.) A picture in which the lights and shades
correspond in position with those of the original, instead
of being reversed, as in a negative. --R. Hunt.
5. (Elec.) The positive plate of a voltaic or electrolytic
Meaning of Positive from wikipedia