Definition of Introduced. Meaning of Introduced. Synonyms of Introduced
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Introduced. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Introduced and, of course, Introduced synonyms and on the right images related to the word Introduced.
Definition of Introduced
IntroducedIntroduce In`tro*duce", v. t. [imp. & p. p. Introduced; p.
pr. & vb. n. Introducing.] [L. introducere, introductum;
intro within + ducere to lead. See Intro-, and Duke.]
1. To lead or bring in; to conduct or usher in; as, to
introduce a person into a drawing-room.
2. To put (something into a place); to insert; as, to
introduce the finger, or a probe.
3. To lead to and make known by formal announcement or
recommendation; hence, to cause to be acquainted; as, to
introduce strangers; to introduce one person to another.
4. To bring into notice, practice, cultivation, or use; as,
to introduce a new fashion, method, or plant.
5. To produce; to cause to exist; to induce. [Obs.]
Whosoever introduces habits in children, deserves
the care and attention of their governors. --Locke.
6. To open to notice; to begin; to present; as, he introduced
the subject with a long preface.
Syn: To bring in; usher in; insert; begin; preface.
Meaning of Introduced from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Introduced