Definition of Cordial. Meaning of Cordial. Synonyms of Cordial
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Cordial.
Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Cordial and, of course, Cordial synonyms and on the right images related to the word Cordial.
Definition of Cordial
CordialCordial Cor"dial (k?r"jal, formally k?rd"yal; 106, 277), a.
[LL. cordialis, fr. L. cor heart: cf. F. cordial. See
1. Proceeding from the heart. [Obs.]
A rib with cordial spirits warm. --Milton.
2. Hearty; sincere; warm; affectionate.
He . . . with looks of cordial love Hung over her
3. Tending to revive, cheer, or invigorate; giving strength
Behold this cordial julep here That flames and
dances in his crystal bounds. --Milton.
Syn: Hearty; sincere; heartfelt; warm; affectionate;
cheering; invigorating. See Hearty.
Cordial Cor"dial, n.
1. Anything that comforts, gladdens, and exhilarates.
Charms to my sight, and cordials to my mind.
2. (Med) Any invigorating and stimulating preparation; as, a
3. (Com.) Aromatized and sweetened spirit, used as a
beverage; a liqueur.
Meaning of Cordial from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Cordial