Definition of Shipping. Meaning of Shipping. Synonyms of Shipping
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Shipping.
Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Shipping and, of course, Shipping synonyms and on the right images related to the word Shipping.
Definition of Shipping
ShippingShip Ship, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Shipped; p. pr. & vb. n.
1. To put on board of a ship, or vessel of any kind, for
transportation; to send by water.
The timber was . . . shipped in the bay of Attalia,
from whence it was by sea transported to Pelusium.
2. By extension, in commercial usage, to commit to any
conveyance for transportation to a distance; as, to ship
freight by railroad.
3. Hence, to send away; to get rid of. [Colloq.]
4. To engage or secure for service on board of a ship; as, to
5. To receive on board ship; as, to ship a sea.
6. To put in its place; as, to ship the tiller or rudder.
Shipping Ship"ping, a.
1. Relating to ships, their ownership, transfer, or
employment; as, shiping concerns.
2. Relating to, or concerned in, the forwarding of goods; as,
a shipping clerk.
Meaning of Shipping from wikipedia
- of transporting commodities
and merchandise goods
and cargo. The term shipping originally referred
by sea but in American
English, it has...
- Drop shipping
is a form of retail business wherein
the seller accepts customer orders
but does not keep goods
sold in stock. Instead, in a form of supply...
- A shipping
line is a business
that transports cargo aboard
ships. Logistics: There
are many different
ways of moving cargo
from port to port. Early
- The Shipping
News is a novel
by American author
E. Annie Proulx
Scribner's Sons in 1993. It won the Pulitzer
Prize, the U.S. National...
- The Shipping Forecast
is a BBC Radio broadcast
of weather reports
for the seas around
of the British
Isles. It is produced
- A shipping container
is a container
with strength suitable
shipment, storage, and handling. Shipping containers range
- used in modern domestic shipping within North America
is no longer responsible
- Hanjin Shipping
Co., Ltd. was a South Korean integrated logistics
and container transport
to its liquidation, Hanjin Shipping
- An intermodal
container, often called
container, is a large standardized shipping
for intermodal freight
- Mediterranean Shipping Company
S.A. (MSC) is a Swiss-Italian international shipping
line. The company operates
in all major ports
of the world. As of...
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Shipping