Definition of Shipping. Meaning of Shipping. Synonyms of Shipping
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Shipping.
Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Shipping and, of course, Shipping synonyms and on the right images related to the word Shipping.
Definition of Shipping
ShippingShip Ship, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Shipped; p. pr. & vb. n.
1. To put on board of a ship, or vessel of any kind, for
transportation; to send by water.
The timber was . . . shipped in the bay of Attalia,
from whence it was by sea transported to Pelusium.
2. By extension, in commercial usage, to commit to any
conveyance for transportation to a distance; as, to ship
freight by railroad.
3. Hence, to send away; to get rid of. [Colloq.]
4. To engage or secure for service on board of a ship; as, to
5. To receive on board ship; as, to ship a sea.
6. To put in its place; as, to ship the tiller or rudder.
Shipping Ship"ping, a.
1. Relating to ships, their ownership, transfer, or
employment; as, shiping concerns.
2. Relating to, or concerned in, the forwarding of goods; as,
a shipping clerk.
Meaning of Shipping from wikipedia
- of transporting commodities
and merchandise goods
and cargo. The term shipping originally referred
by sea but in American
English, it has...
- Drop shipping
is a form of retail business wherein
the seller accepts customer orders without keeping stock
on hand. Instead, in a form of supply
- used in modern domestic shipping within North America
is no longer responsible
- The Shipping
News is a novel
by American author
E. Annie Proulx
Scribner's Sons in 1993. It won the Pulitzer Prize
- Several shipping lines
in intermodal freight transport
as part of international
trade. This is a list of the 30 largest container shipping
- Shipping insurance
is a service which
may reimburse senders whose parcels
are lost, stolen, and/or damaged
in transit. In Canada
and the US, shipping
is the transportation
of cargo. Shipping
may also refer
line, a business
that operates ships
that it may or may not own Shipping...
- A shipping container
is a container
with strength suitable
shipment, storage, and handling. Shipping containers range
News was an American
post-rock/post-hardcore band. The group formed
in the fall of 1996 when members Jason Noble
and Jeff Mueller, who were both...
- Mediterranean Shipping Company
S.A. (MSC) is an international shipping
by Gianluigi Aponte
in 1970, with headquarters
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Shipping