Definition of Shipping. Meaning of Shipping. Synonyms of Shipping
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Shipping. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Shipping and, of course, Shipping synonyms and on the right images related to the word Shipping.
Definition of Shipping
ShippingShip Ship, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Shipped; p. pr. & vb. n.
1. To put on board of a ship, or vessel of any kind, for
transportation; to send by water.
The timber was . . . shipped in the bay of Attalia,
from whence it was by sea transported to Pelusium.
2. By extension, in commercial usage, to commit to any
conveyance for transportation to a distance; as, to ship
freight by railroad.
3. Hence, to send away; to get rid of. [Colloq.]
4. To engage or secure for service on board of a ship; as, to
5. To receive on board ship; as, to ship a sea.
6. To put in its place; as, to ship the tiller or rudder.
Shipping Ship"ping, a.
1. Relating to ships, their ownership, transfer, or
employment; as, shiping concerns.
2. Relating to, or concerned in, the forwarding of goods; as,
a shipping clerk.
Meaning of Shipping from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Shipping