Definition of Transport. Meaning of Transport. Synonyms of Transport
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Transport. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Transport and, of course, Transport synonyms and on the right images related to the word Transport.
Definition of Transport
TransportTransport Trans"port, n. [F. See Transport, v.]
1. Transportation; carriage; conveyance.
The Romans . . . stipulated with the Carthaginians
to furnish them with ships for transport and war.
2. A vessel employed for transporting, especially for
carrying soldiers, warlike stores, or provisions, from one
place to another, or to convey convicts to their
destination; -- called also transport ship, transport
3. Vehement emotion; passion; ecstasy; rapture.
With transport views the airy rule his own, And
swells on an imaginary throne. --Pope.
Say not, in transports of despair, That all your
hopes are fled. --Doddridge.
4. A convict transported, or sentenced to exile. TransportTransport Trans*port", v. t. [imp. & p. p. Transported; p.
pr. & vb. n. Transporting.] [F. transporter, L.
transportare; trans across + portare to carry. See Port
1. To carry or bear from one place to another; to remove; to
convey; as, to transport goods; to transport troops.
2. To carry, or cause to be carried, into banishment, as a
criminal; to banish.
3. To carry away with vehement emotion, as joy, sorrow,
complacency, anger, etc.; to ravish with pleasure or
ecstasy; as, music transports the soul.
[They] laugh as if transported with some fit Of
We shall then be transported with a nobler . . .
Meaning of Transport from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Transport