Definition of Providing. Meaning of Providing. Synonyms of Providing
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Providing.
Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Providing and, of course, Providing synonyms and on the right images related to the word Providing.
Definition of Providing
ProvidingProvide Pro*vide", v. t. [imp. & p. p. Provided; p. pr. &
vb. n. Providing.] [L. providere, provisum; pro before +
videre to see. See Vision, and cf. Prudent, Purvey.]
1. To look out for in advance; to procure beforehand; to get,
collect, or make ready for future use; to prepare.
``Provide us all things necessary.' --Shak.
2. To supply; to afford; to contribute.
Bring me berries, or such cooling fruit As the kind,
hospitable woods provide. --Milton.
3. To furnish; to supply; -- formerly followed by of, now by
with. ``And yet provided him of but one.' --Jer. Taylor.
``Rome . . . was well provided with corn.' --Arbuthnot.
4. To establish as a previous condition; to stipulate; as,
the contract provides that the work be well done.
5. To foresee.
Note: [A Latinism] [Obs.] --B. Jonson.
6. To appoint to an ecclesiastical benefice before it is
vacant. See Provisor. --Prescott.
Meaning of Providing from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Providing