Definition of Tertiary. Meaning of Tertiary. Synonyms of Tertiary
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Tertiary. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Tertiary and, of course, Tertiary synonyms and on the right images related to the word Tertiary.
Definition of Tertiary
TertiaryTertiary Ter"ti*a*ry, n.; pl. Tertiaries.
1. (R. C. Ch.) A member of the Third Order in any monastic
system; as, the Franciscan tertiaries; the Dominican
tertiaries; the Carmelite tertiaries. See Third Order,
under Third. --Addis & Arnold.
2. (Geol.) The Tertiary era, period, or formation.
3. (Zo["o]l.) One of the quill feathers which are borne upon
the basal joint of the wing of a bird. See Illust. of
Bird. TertiaryTertiary Ter"ti*a*ry, a. [L. tertiarius containing a third
part, fr. tertius third: cf. F. tertiaire. See Tierce.]
1. Being of the third formation, order, or rank; third; as, a
tertiary use of a word. --Trench.
2. (Chem.) Possessing some quality in the third degree;
having been subjected to the substitution of three atoms
or radicals; as, a tertiary alcohol, amine, or salt. Cf.
Primary, and Secondary.
Meaning of Tertiary from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Tertiary