Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Dodge. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Dodge and, of course, Dodge synonyms and on the right images related to the word Dodge.
Dodge Dodge, n.
The act of evading by some skillful movement; a sudden
starting aside; hence, an artful device to evade, deceive, or
cheat; a cunning trick; an artifice. [Colloq.]
Some, who have a taste for good living, have many
harmless arts, by which they improve their banquet, and
innocent dodges, if we may be permitted to use an
excellent phrase that has become vernacular since the
appearance of the last dictionaries. -- Thackeray.
DodgeDodge Dodge, v. i. [imp. & p. p. Dodged; p. pr. & vb. n.
Dodging.] [Of uncertain origin: cf. dodder, v., daddle,
dade, or dog, v. t.]
1. To start suddenly aside, as to avoid a blow or a missile;
to shift place by a sudden start. --Milton.
2. To evade a duty by low craft; to practice mean shifts; to
use tricky devices; to play fast and loose; to quibble.
Some dodging casuist with more craft than sincerity.
Dodge Dodge, v. t.
1. To evade by a sudden shift of place; to escape by starting
aside; as, to dodge a blow aimed or a ball thrown.
2. Fig.: To evade by craft; as, to dodge a question; to dodge
responsibility. [Colloq.] --S. G. Goodrich.
3. To follow by dodging, or suddenly shifting from place to
Meaning of Dodge from wikipedia