Definition of Runner. Meaning of Runner. Synonyms of Runner
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Runner. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Runner and, of course, Runner synonyms and on the right images related to the word Runner.
Definition of Runner
RunnerRunner Run"ner, n. [From Run.]
1. One who, or that which, runs; a racer.
2. A detective. [Slang, Eng.] --Dickens.
3. A messenger. --Swift.
4. A smuggler. [Colloq.] --R. North.
5. One employed to solicit patronage, as for a steamboat,
hotel, shop, etc. [Cant, U.S.]
6. (Bot.) A slender trailing branch which takes root at the
joints or end and there forms new plants, as in the
strawberry and the common cinquefoil.
7. The rotating stone of a set of millstones.
8. (Naut.) A rope rove through a block and used to increase
the mechanical power of a tackle. --Totten.
Scratch player Scratch player, runner
One that starts from the scratch; hence, one of first-rate
Meaning of Runner from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Runner