Definition of Brand. Meaning of Brand. Synonyms of Brand
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Brand. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Brand and, of course, Brand synonyms and on the right images related to the word Brand.
Definition of Brand
BrandBrand Brand, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Branded; p. pr. & vb. n.
1. To burn a distinctive mark into or upon with a hot iron,
to indicate quality, ownership, etc., or to mark as
infamous (as a convict).
2. To put an actual distinctive mark upon in any other way,
as with a stencil, to show quality of contents, name of
3. Fig.: To fix a mark of infamy, or a stigma, upon.
The Inquisition branded its victims with infamy.
There were the enormities, branded and condemned by
the first and most natural verdict of common
4. To mark or impress indelibly, as with a hot iron.
As if it were branded on my mind. --Geo. Eliot. BrandBrand Brand, n. [OE. brand, brond, AS. brand brond brand,
sword, from byrnan, beornan, to burn; akin to D., Dan., Sw.,
& G. brand brand, Icel. brandr a brand, blade of a sword.
[root]32. See Burn, v. t., and cf. Brandish.]
1. A burning piece of wood; or a stick or piece of wood
partly burnt, whether burning or after the fire is
Snatching a live brand from a wigwam, Mason threw it
on a matted roof. --Palfrey.
2. A sword, so called from its glittering or flashing
brightness. [Poetic] --Tennyson.
Paradise, so late their happy seat, Waved over by
that flaming brand. --Milton.
3. A mark made by burning with a hot iron, as upon a cask, to
designate the quality, manufacturer, etc., of the
contents, or upon an animal, to designate ownership; --
also, a mark for a similar purpose made in any other way,
as with a stencil. Hence, figurately: Quality; kind;
grade; as, a good brand of flour.
4. A mark put upon criminals with a hot iron. Hence: Any mark
of infamy or vice; a stigma.
The brand of private vice. --Channing.
5. An instrument to brand with; a branding iron.
6. (Bot.) Any minute fungus which produces a burnt appearance
in plants. The brands are of many species and several
genera of the order Puccini[ae]i.
Meaning of Brand from wikipedia
- marketing, and advertising. Name brands
are sometimes distinguished
or store brands
. The practice
to have begun
- Russell Edward Brand
(born 4 June 1975) is an English
comedian, actor, radio
host, author, and activist. After beginning
as a stand-up comedian...
- or brand Employer branding
, the application
of brand management
to recruitment marketing
and internal brand engagement Internet branding
- an American skateboarding
shop and clothing brand established
in New York City in April
1994. The brand caters
to the skateboarding, hip hop, and rock...
are those introduced
to a market along
with a new brand
New may also refer
New (band), an American
- In marketing, brand management
is the analysis
on how a brand
in the market. Developing
a good relationship
with the target
equity' is a phrase
used in the marketing industry which describes
a well-known brand
on the idea that the owner...
- David William Robert Brand
, Lord Brand
QC (21 October
1923 – 14 April
1996) was a Scottish lawyer
and judge. He had a conservative outlook
on life, and...
- Elton Tyron Brand
11, 1979) is an American retired professional basketball player
and the current general manager
of the Philadelphia
, is a marketing strategy
that involves strategic alliance
of multiple brand names jointly
used on single product
or service. Co-branding
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Brand