Definition of draft. Meaning of draft. Synonyms of draft
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word draft. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word draft and, of course, draft synonyms and on the right images related to the word draft.
Definition of draft
draftNote Note, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Noted; p. pr. & vb. n.
Noting.] [F. noter, L. notare, fr. nota. See Note, n.]
1. To notice with care; to observe; to remark; to heed; to
attend to. --Pope.
No more of that; I have noted it well. --Shak.
2. To record in writing; to make a memorandum of.
Every unguarded word . . . was noted down.
3. To charge, as with crime (with of or for before the thing
charged); to brand. [Obs.]
They were both noted of incontinency. --Dryden.
4. To denote; to designate. --Johnson.
5. To annotate. [R.] --W. H. Dixon.
6. To set down in musical characters.
To note a bill or draft, to record on the back of it a
refusal of acceptance, as the ground of a protest, which
is done officially by a notary. DraftDraft Draft, a.
1. Pertaining to, or used for, drawing or pulling (as
vehicles, loads, etc.). Same as Draught.
2. Relating to, or characterized by, a draft, or current of
air. Same as Draught.
Note: The forms draft and draught, in the senses above-given,
are both on approved use.
Draft box, Draft engine, Draft horse, Draft net,
Draft ox, Draft tube. Same as Draught box, Draught
engine, etc. See under Draught. DraftDraft Draft, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Drafted; p. pr. & vb. n.
1. To draw the outline of; to delineate.
2. To compose and write; as, to draft a memorial.
3. To draw from a military band or post, or from any
district, company, or society; to detach; to select.
Some royal seminary in Upper Egypt, from whence they
drafted novices to supply their colleges and
temples. -- Holwell.
4. To transfer by draft.
All her rents been drafted to London. -- Fielding. draft Note: In modern law, proposal and acceptance are the
constituent elements into which all contracts are
Acceptance of a bill of exchange, check, draft, or
order, is an engagement to pay it according to the terms.
This engagement is usually made by writing the word
``accepted' across the face of the bill.
Acceptance of goods, under the statute of frauds, is an
intelligent acceptance by a party knowing the nature of
6. Meaning; acceptation. [Obs.]
Acceptance of persons, partiality, favoritism. See under
Meaning of draft from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to draft