Definition of Depth. Meaning of Depth. Synonyms of Depth
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Depth.
Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Depth and, of course, Depth synonyms and on the right images related to the word Depth.
Definition of Depth
Depth Depth, n. (A["e]ronautics)
The perpendicular distance from the chord to the farthest
point of an arched surface.
DepthDepth Depth (s[e^]pth), n. [From Deep; akin to D. diepte,
Icel. d[=y]pt, d[=y]p[eth], Goth. diupi[thorn]a.]
1. The quality of being deep; deepness; perpendicular
measurement downward from the surface, or horizontal
measurement backward from the front; as, the depth of a
river; the depth of a body of troops.
2. Profoundness; extent or degree of intensity; abundance;
completeness; as, depth of knowledge, or color.
Mindful of that heavenly love Which knows no end in
depth or height. --Keble.
3. Lowness; as, depth of sound.
4. That which is deep; a deep, or the deepest, part or place;
the deep; the middle part; as, the depth of night, or of
From you unclouded depth above. --Keble.
The depth closed me round about. --Jonah ii. 5.
5. (Logic) The number of simple elements which an abstract
conception or notion includes; the comprehension or
6. (Horology) A pair of toothed wheels which work together.
Meaning of Depth from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Depth