Definition of Touching. Meaning of Touching. Synonyms of Touching
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Touching. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Touching and, of course, Touching synonyms and on the right images related to the word Touching.
Definition of Touching
TouchingTouch Touch, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Touched; p. pr. & vb. n.
Touching.] [F. toucher, OF. touchier, tuchier; of Teutonic
origin; cf. OHG. zucchen, zukken, to twitch, pluck, draw, G.
zukken, zukken, v. intens. fr. OHG. ziohan to draw, G.
ziehen, akin to E. tug. See Tuck, v. t., Tug, and cf.
1. To come in contact with; to hit or strike lightly against;
to extend the hand, foot, or the like, so as to reach or
Him thus intent Ithuriel with his spear Touched
2. To perceive by the sense of feeling.
Nothing but body can be touched or touch. --Greech.
3. To come to; to reach; to attain to.
The god, vindictive, doomed them never more- Ah, men
unblessed! -- to touch their natal shore. --Pope.
4. To try; to prove, as with a touchstone. [Obs.]
Wherein I mean to touch your love indeed. --Shak.
5. To relate to; to concern; to affect.
The quarrel toucheth none but us alone. --Shak.
6. To handle, speak of, or deal with; to treat of.
Storial thing that toucheth gentilesse. --Chaucer.
7. To meddle or interfere with; as, I have not touched the
8. To affect the senses or the sensibility of; to move; to
melt; to soften.
What of sweet before Hath touched my sense, flat
seems to this and harsh. --Milton.
The tender sire was touched with what he said.
9. To mark or delineate with touches; to add a slight stroke
to with the pencil or brush.
The lines, though touched but faintly, are drawn
10. To infect; to affect slightly. --Bacon.
11. To make an impression on; to have effect upon.
Its face . . . so hard that a file will not touch
12. To strike; to manipulate; to play on; as, to touch an
instrument of music.
[They] touched their golden harps. --Milton.
13. To perform, as a tune; to play.
A person is the royal retinue touched a light and
lively air on the flageolet. --Sir W.
14. To influence by impulse; to impel forcibly. `` No decree
of mine, . . . [to] touch with lightest moment of impulse
his free will,' --Milton.
15. To harm, afflict, or distress.
Let us make a covenant with thee, that thou wilt do
us no hurt, as we have not touched thee. --Gen.
xxvi. 28, 29.
16. To affect with insanity, especially in a slight degree;
to make partially insane; -- rarely used except in the
She feared his head was a little touched. --Ld.
17. (Geom.) To be tangent to. See Tangent, a.
18. To lay a hand upon for curing disease.
To touch a sail (Naut.), to bring it so close to the wind
that its weather leech shakes.
To touch the wind (Naut.), to keep the ship as near the
wind as possible.
To touch up, to repair; to improve by touches or
emendation. TouchingTouching Touch"ing, a.
Affecting; moving; pathetic; as, a touching tale. --
Touching Touch"ing, prep.
Concerning; with respect to.
Now, as touching things offered unto idols. --1 Cor.
Touching Touch"ing, n.
The sense or act of feeling; touch.
Meaning of Touching from wikipedia
Me is the name of Neil Diamond's fifth
album. It was the first
1966 to feature renditions
to: Touch, a sensation processed
by the somatosensory system Physical intimacy Touching
(Paul Bley album), 1965 Touching
the Void may refer
the Void (book), a 1988 book by Joe Simpson Touching
the Void (film), a 2003 film based
on the book Touching
- (Dhikr). Firstly, scholars considers touching genital
as discouraged mentioning reason
the that, touching genital
the Void is a 2003 docudrama survival
by Kevin MacDonald
and starring Brendan
Aaron, and Ollie
Ryall. The plot...
- When used in a ****ual context, groping
is touching another person
in an unwelcome
****ual way. The term generally
has a negative
Evil is a British television drama serial following
of a crack squad
on the Organised
& Serial Crime
Unit, a rapid response
- Stanley Robert
Vinton, Jr. (born April
16, 1935), known professionally
Vinton, is an American singer
and songwriter. In pop music
is the ultimate expression
or confidence between
two people, but not seen often
- Touching Heaven Changing Earth
is the seventh album
in the live praise
and worship series
of contemporary worship music
Church. The album
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Touching