Definition of To shoot ahead. Meaning of To shoot ahead. Synonyms of To shoot ahead
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word To shoot ahead.
Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word To shoot ahead and, of course, To shoot ahead synonyms and on the right images related to the word To shoot ahead.
Definition of To shoot ahead
To shoot aheadShoot Shoot, v. i.
1. To cause an engine or weapon to discharge a missile; --
said of a person or an agent; as, they shot at a target;
he shoots better than he rides.
The archers have . . . shot at him. --Gen. xlix.
2. To discharge a missile; -- said of an engine or
instrument; as, the gun shoots well.
3. To be shot or propelled forcibly; -- said of a missile; to
be emitted or driven; to move or extend swiftly, as if
propelled; as, a shooting star.
There shot a streaming lamp along the sky. --Dryden.
4. To penetrate, as a missile; to dart with a piercing
sensation; as, shooting pains.
Thy words shoot through my heart. --Addison.
5. To feel a quick, darting pain; to throb in pain.
These preachers make His head to shoot and ache.
6. To germinate; to bud; to sprout.
Onions, as they hang, will shoot forth. --Bacon.
But the wild olive shoots, and shades the ungrateful
7. To grow; to advance; as, to shoot up rapidly.
Well shot in years he seemed. --Spenser.
Delightful task! to rear the tender thought, To
teach the young idea how to shoot. --Thomson.
8. To change form suddenly; especially, to solidify.
If the menstruum be overcharged, metals will shoot
into crystals. --Bacon.
9. To protrude; to jut; to project; to extend; as, the land
shoots into a promontory.
There shot up against the dark sky, tall, gaunt,
straggling houses. --Dickens.
10. (Naut.) To move ahead by force of momentum, as a sailing
vessel when the helm is put hard alee.
To shoot ahead, to pass or move quickly forward; to
Meaning of To shoot ahead from wikipedia
- Deflection shooting
is a technique
of shooting ahead
of a moving
target, also known
the target, so that the target
- top". chess24.com. Retrieved
2021-01-26. "Tata Steel
2021: Firouzja shoots ahead
". Esipenko scores
a thumping victory
in Tata Steel
- (September 1, 2020). "Trump paints false picture
of Kyle Rittenhouse shootings ahead
visit". PolitiFact. Archived
from the original
- "Go ahead
, make my day" is a catchphrase written
by the character Harry
Callahan, pla**** by Clint
Eastwood, in the 1983...
may refer to
(ballistics), a technique
of shooting ahead
of a moving target
so that the target
- working double shifts ahead
of film's release". The Times
of India. Retrieved
2021. "'KGF: Chapter
15% of shooting
". The Times
Out is a 1971 American Western
by Henry Hathaway
and starring Gregory
Peck. The film is adapted
from Will James's 1930 novel, The...
- A penalty shoot
-out (officially kicks
from the penalty
mark) is a method
of determining which
team is awarded victory
in an ****ociation football
- ISBN 978-0-313-33089-6. "Gauahar Khan, Zaid Darbar share
pics from pre-wedding shoot ahead
of Dec 25 wedding: 'Embarking on a journey
of forever'". Hindustan
and NEO Scavenger, and the story-driven first-person shooter series
mechanics, particularly resource
Recent Searches ...
Related images to To shoot ahead