Definition of Season. Meaning of Season. Synonyms of Season
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Season. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Season and, of course, Season synonyms and on the right images related to the word Season.
Definition of Season
SeasonSeason Sea"son, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Seasoned; p. pr. & vb.
1. To render suitable or appropriate; to prepare; to fit.
He is fit and seasoned for his passage. --Shak.
2. To fit for any use by time or habit; to habituate; to
accustom; to inure; to ripen; to mature; as, to season one
to a climate.
3. Hence, to prepare by drying or hardening, or removal of
natural juices; as, to season timber.
4. To fit for taste; to render palatable; to give zest or
relish to; to spice; as, to season food.
5. Hence, to fit for enjoyment; to render agrecable.
You season still with sports your serious hours.
The proper use of wit is to season conversation.
6. To qualify by admixture; to moderate; to temper. ``When
mercy seasons justice.' --Shak.
7. To imbue; to tinge or taint. ``Who by his tutor being
seasoned with the love of the truth.' --Fuller.
Season their younger years with prudent and pious
principles. --Jer. Taylor.
8. To copulate with; to impregnate. [R.] --Holland. SeasonSeason Sea"son, n. [OE. sesoun, F. saison, properly, the
sowing time, fr. L. satio a sowing, a planting, fr. serere,
satum, to sow, plant; akin to E. sow, v., to scatter, as
1. One of the divisions of the year, marked by alternations
in the length of day and night, or by distinct conditions
of temperature, moisture, etc., caused mainly by the
relative position of the earth with respect to the sun. In
the north temperate zone, four seasons, namely, spring,
summer, autumn, and winter, are generally recognized. Some
parts of the world have three seasons, -- the dry, the
rainy, and the cold; other parts have but two, -- the dry
and the rainy.
The several seasons of the year in their beauty.
2. Hence, a period of time, especially as regards its fitness
for anything contemplated or done; a suitable or
convenient time; proper conjuncture; as, the season for
planting; the season for rest.
The season, prime for sweetest scents and airs.
3. A period of time not very long; a while; a time.
Thou shalt be blind, not seeing the sun for a
season. --Acts xiii.
4. That which gives relish; seasoning. [Obs.]
You lack the season of all natures, sleep. --Shak.
In season, in good time, or sufficiently early for the
Out of season, beyond or out of the proper time of the
usual or appointed time.
Season Sea"son, v. i.
1. To become mature; to grow fit for use; to become adapted
to a climate.
2. To become dry and hard, by the escape of the natural
juices, or by being penetrated with other substance; as,
timber seasons in the sun.
3. To give token; to savor. [Obs.] --Beau. & Fl.
Meaning of Season from wikipedia
- A season
is a division
of the year marked
in weather, ecology, and amount
of daylight. On Earth, seasons result
from Earth's orbit around
and final season
of the fantasy drama television series
Game of Thrones
by HBO in July 2016. Unlike
that each had...
- typical season
is the portion
of one year in which regulated games
of the sport
are in session: for example, in Major League Baseball
the season lasts
- with the first season
in 2004–2005 and was followed
(2010) and sixth season
(2012). For the...
- A perfect season
is a sports season including
any requisite playoff
portion, in which
a team remains
and finishes undefeated
and untied. The feat is extremely...
is one of the four conventional temperate seasons
, following winter
are various technical definitions
of spring, but...
- on which contestants
will advance. The general selection process
of each season
by the production
team with open auditions
held in various
- The 2019 PBA season
is the 44th season
of the Philippine Basketball
****ociation. The league continued
to use the three-conference format, starting
- Suicide Season
is the second studio album
by British metalcore
Me the Horizon. It was released
on 29 September
2008 in the United Kingdom
- The Christmas season
, also called
the festive season
, or the holiday season
(mainly in the U.S. and Canada; often simply called
the holidays), is an annually...
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Season