Definition of Season. Meaning of Season. Synonyms of Season
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Season. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Season and, of course, Season synonyms and on the right images related to the word Season.
Definition of Season
SeasonSeason Sea"son, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Seasoned; p. pr. & vb.
1. To render suitable or appropriate; to prepare; to fit.
He is fit and seasoned for his passage. --Shak.
2. To fit for any use by time or habit; to habituate; to
accustom; to inure; to ripen; to mature; as, to season one
to a climate.
3. Hence, to prepare by drying or hardening, or removal of
natural juices; as, to season timber.
4. To fit for taste; to render palatable; to give zest or
relish to; to spice; as, to season food.
5. Hence, to fit for enjoyment; to render agrecable.
You season still with sports your serious hours.
The proper use of wit is to season conversation.
6. To qualify by admixture; to moderate; to temper. ``When
mercy seasons justice.' --Shak.
7. To imbue; to tinge or taint. ``Who by his tutor being
seasoned with the love of the truth.' --Fuller.
Season their younger years with prudent and pious
principles. --Jer. Taylor.
8. To copulate with; to impregnate. [R.] --Holland. SeasonSeason Sea"son, n. [OE. sesoun, F. saison, properly, the
sowing time, fr. L. satio a sowing, a planting, fr. serere,
satum, to sow, plant; akin to E. sow, v., to scatter, as
1. One of the divisions of the year, marked by alternations
in the length of day and night, or by distinct conditions
of temperature, moisture, etc., caused mainly by the
relative position of the earth with respect to the sun. In
the north temperate zone, four seasons, namely, spring,
summer, autumn, and winter, are generally recognized. Some
parts of the world have three seasons, -- the dry, the
rainy, and the cold; other parts have but two, -- the dry
and the rainy.
The several seasons of the year in their beauty.
2. Hence, a period of time, especially as regards its fitness
for anything contemplated or done; a suitable or
convenient time; proper conjuncture; as, the season for
planting; the season for rest.
The season, prime for sweetest scents and airs.
3. A period of time not very long; a while; a time.
Thou shalt be blind, not seeing the sun for a
season. --Acts xiii.
4. That which gives relish; seasoning. [Obs.]
You lack the season of all natures, sleep. --Shak.
In season, in good time, or sufficiently early for the
Out of season, beyond or out of the proper time of the
usual or appointed time.
Season Sea"son, v. i.
1. To become mature; to grow fit for use; to become adapted
to a climate.
2. To become dry and hard, by the escape of the natural
juices, or by being penetrated with other substance; as,
timber seasons in the sun.
3. To give token; to savor. [Obs.] --Beau. & Fl.
Meaning of Season from wikipedia
- A season
is a division
of the year marked
in weather, ecology, and the amount
of daylight. On Earth, seasons
are the result
of Earth's orbit...
- Spring, also known
as springtime, is one of the four temperate seasons
, succeeding winter
are various technical
- Killing Season
(2013 film) The Killing Season
TV series), about
the Rudd-Gillard Government
(2007-2010) The Killing Season
- Pink Season
is the debut studio album
by ****anese entertainer
and musician George
Miller, and the only album
to be released under
name and alter-ego...
- The Christmas season
, also called
the holiday season
(often simply called
the holidays), or the festive season
, is an annually recurring period
of the Witch
of the Witch" (song), by Donovan, 1966 "Season
of the Witch", a song by American
hard rock band Zeke Seasons...
- Mad Season
to: Mad Season
(band) Mad Season
(album), an album
by the band Matchbox Twenty
" (song), title
song of the album...
- Suicide Season
is the second studio album
rock band Bring
Me the Horizon. It was released
on 29 September
2008 in the United Kingdom
- A winless season
is a regular season
a sports franchise concludes
a season failing
to get a victory
in any of their
games. The antithesis
- The Miracle Season
is a 2018 American drama
by Sean McNamara
Erin Moriarty, Helen
Hurt, and Danika
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Season