Definition of Season. Meaning of Season. Synonyms of Season
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Season. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Season and, of course, Season synonyms and on the right images related to the word Season.
Definition of Season
SeasonSeason Sea"son, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Seasoned; p. pr. & vb.
1. To render suitable or appropriate; to prepare; to fit.
He is fit and seasoned for his passage. --Shak.
2. To fit for any use by time or habit; to habituate; to
accustom; to inure; to ripen; to mature; as, to season one
to a climate.
3. Hence, to prepare by drying or hardening, or removal of
natural juices; as, to season timber.
4. To fit for taste; to render palatable; to give zest or
relish to; to spice; as, to season food.
5. Hence, to fit for enjoyment; to render agrecable.
You season still with sports your serious hours.
The proper use of wit is to season conversation.
6. To qualify by admixture; to moderate; to temper. ``When
mercy seasons justice.' --Shak.
7. To imbue; to tinge or taint. ``Who by his tutor being
seasoned with the love of the truth.' --Fuller.
Season their younger years with prudent and pious
principles. --Jer. Taylor.
8. To copulate with; to impregnate. [R.] --Holland. SeasonSeason Sea"son, n. [OE. sesoun, F. saison, properly, the
sowing time, fr. L. satio a sowing, a planting, fr. serere,
satum, to sow, plant; akin to E. sow, v., to scatter, as
1. One of the divisions of the year, marked by alternations
in the length of day and night, or by distinct conditions
of temperature, moisture, etc., caused mainly by the
relative position of the earth with respect to the sun. In
the north temperate zone, four seasons, namely, spring,
summer, autumn, and winter, are generally recognized. Some
parts of the world have three seasons, -- the dry, the
rainy, and the cold; other parts have but two, -- the dry
and the rainy.
The several seasons of the year in their beauty.
2. Hence, a period of time, especially as regards its fitness
for anything contemplated or done; a suitable or
convenient time; proper conjuncture; as, the season for
planting; the season for rest.
The season, prime for sweetest scents and airs.
3. A period of time not very long; a while; a time.
Thou shalt be blind, not seeing the sun for a
season. --Acts xiii.
4. That which gives relish; seasoning. [Obs.]
You lack the season of all natures, sleep. --Shak.
In season, in good time, or sufficiently early for the
Out of season, beyond or out of the proper time of the
usual or appointed time.
Season Sea"son, v. i.
1. To become mature; to grow fit for use; to become adapted
to a climate.
2. To become dry and hard, by the escape of the natural
juices, or by being penetrated with other substance; as,
timber seasons in the sun.
3. To give token; to savor. [Obs.] --Beau. & Fl.
Meaning of Season from wikipedia
- A season
is a division
of the year based
in weather, ecology, and the number
of daylight hours
in a given
region. On Earth, seasons
- The Christmas season
, also called
the holiday season
(often simply called
the holidays), or the festive season
, is an annually recurring period
16, 2018. It was originally intended
to be the fourth season
of the Netflix series
Narcos, but it was ultimately developed
as a companion...
- Happiest Season
is a 2020 American romantic
comedy-drama film directed
by Clea DuVall, from a screenplay written
and Mary Holland. With an ensemble...
- Play media
The Atlantic hurricane season
is the period
in a year from June through November
when hurricanes usually
form in the Atlantic
- Flu season
is an annually recurring
time period characterized
by the prevalence
of an outbreak
(flu). The season occurs during
the cold half...
- seven seasons
were male-female, while
in the eighth season
a contestant's match could
of any gender. Over the course
of each season
, the contestants...
- The 2009 NFL season
was the 90th season
in the history
of the National Football League
(NFL). The 50th anniversary
of the original eight charter
- The Premier League Player
of the Season
is an annual
****ociation football award presented
in England, which recognises
the most outstanding...
I men's basketball season began
6, 2018. The first tournament
was the 2K Sports
Cl****ic and the season concluded
with the Final
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Season