Definition of Terminate. Meaning of Terminate. Synonyms of Terminate
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Terminate. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Terminate and, of course, Terminate synonyms and on the right images related to the word Terminate.
Definition of Terminate
TerminateTerminate Ter"mi*nate, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Terminated; p.
pr. & vb. n. Terminating.] [L. terminatus, p. p. of
terminare. See Term.]
1. To set a term or limit to; to form the extreme point or
side of; to bound; to limit; as, to terminate a surface by
2. To put an end to; to make to cease; as, to terminate an
effort, or a controversy.
3. Hence, to put the finishing touch to; to bring to
completion; to perfect.
During this interval of calm and prosperity, he
[Michael Angelo] terminated two figures of slaves,
destined for the tomb, in an incomparable style of
art. --J. S.
Terminate Ter"mi*nate, v. i.
1. To be limited in space by a point, line, or surface; to
stop short; to end; to cease; as, the torrid zone
terminates at the tropics.
2. To come to a limit in time; to end; to close.
The wisdom of this world, its designs and efficacy,
terminate on zhis side heaven. --South.
Meaning of Terminate from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Terminate