Definition of Ending. Meaning of Ending. Synonyms of Ending
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Ending.
Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Ending and, of course, Ending synonyms and on the right images related to the word Ending.
Definition of Ending
EndingEnd End, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Ended; p. pr. & vb. n.
1. To bring to an end or conclusion; to finish; to close; to
terminate; as, to end a speech. ``I shall end this
On the seventh day God ended his work. --Gen. ii. 2.
2. To form or be at the end of; as, the letter k ends the
3. To destroy; to put to death. ``This sword hath ended
To end up, to lift or tilt, so as to set on end; as, to end
up a hogshead. EndingEnding End"ing, n.
1. Termination; concluding part; result; conclusion;
2. (Gram.) The final syllable or letter of a word; the part
joined to the stem. See 3d Case, 5.
Ending day, day of death. --Chaucer.
Meaning of Ending from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Ending