Definition of Ships. Meaning of Ships. Synonyms of Ships
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Ships.
Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Ships and, of course, Ships synonyms and on the right images related to the word Ships.
Definition of Ships
Ship Ship, n. [AS. scipe.]
Pay; reward. [Obs.]
In withholding or abridging of the ship or the hire or
the wages of servants. --Chaucer.
ShipShip Ship, n. [OE. ship, schip, AS. scip; akin to OFries.
skip, OS. scip, D. schip, G. schiff, OHG. scif, Dan. skib,
Sw. skeep, Icel. & Goth. skip; of unknown origin. Cf.
Equip, Skiff, Skipper.]
1. Any large seagoing vessel.
Like a stately ship . . . With all her bravery on,
and tackle trim, Sails filled, and streamers waving.
Thou, too, sail on, O Ship of State! --Longfellow.
2. Specifically, a vessel furnished with a bowsprit and three
masts (a mainmast, a foremast, and a mizzenmast), each of
which is composed of a lower mast, a topmast, and a
topgallant mast, and square-rigged on all masts. See
Illustation in Appendix. ShipShip Ship, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Shipped; p. pr. & vb. n.
1. To put on board of a ship, or vessel of any kind, for
transportation; to send by water.
The timber was . . . shipped in the bay of Attalia,
from whence it was by sea transported to Pelusium.
2. By extension, in commercial usage, to commit to any
conveyance for transportation to a distance; as, to ship
freight by railroad.
3. Hence, to send away; to get rid of. [Colloq.]
4. To engage or secure for service on board of a ship; as, to
5. To receive on board ship; as, to ship a sea.
6. To put in its place; as, to ship the tiller or rudder.
Ship Ship, v. i.
1. To engage to serve on board of a vessel; as, to ship on a
2. To embark on a ship. --Wyclif (Acts xxviii. 11)
shipPacket Pack"et, n. [F. paquet, dim. fr. LL. paccus, from the
same source as E. pack. See Pack.]
1. A small pack or package; a little bundle or parcel; as, a
packet of letters. --Shak.
2. Originally, a vessel employed by government to convey
dispatches or mails; hence, a vessel employed in conveying
dispatches, mails, passengers, and goods, and having fixed
days of sailing; a mail boat.
Packet boat, ship, or vessel. See Packet, n., 2.
Packet day, the day for mailing letters to go by packet; or
the sailing day.
Packet note or post. See under Paper.
Meaning of Ships from wikipedia
- research, and fishing. Ships
are generally distinguished
from boats, based
on size, shape, load capacity, and purpose. Ships
cast members joined
her in music
activities, such as MilkyWay
Tsukishima, a 14-year-old beauty, does not care about idols
- Cruise ships
for vacationing. Unlike ocean
are used for transport, they typically embark
- The Nemi ships
were two ships
, one larger
than the other, built under
of the Roman emperor Caligula
in the 1st century
CE on Lake Nemi. Although...
- portal Amphibious warfare ships
of Australia Royal Australian
Navy website Current Ships
in service) Ship Histories
- This is a list of active German
as of 2021. There
including; 11 frigates, 5 corvettes, 2 minesweepers...
- Kingdom built Empire ships
and used US Ocean ships
the war many of the ships
were sold to private
companies. The Ever Given
is a ship
that was lodged...
- List of active Indian
is a list of ships
in active service
with the Indian
Navy. In service ships
from the official Indian
- the ships
' deadweight tonnage
(DWT) and/or gross tonnage
(GT) are presented
as they are often
used to describe
the size of a vessel. The ships
- includes ships
that are owned
by the U.S. Navy; ships
that are formally
commissioned, by way of ceremony, and non-commissioned. Ships
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Ships