Definition of Scoring. Meaning of Scoring. Synonyms of Scoring
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Scoring. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Scoring and, of course, Scoring synonyms and on the right images related to the word Scoring.
Definition of Scoring
ScoringScore Score (sk[=o]r), v. t. [imp. & p. p. Scored
(sk[=o]rd); p. pr. & vb. n. Scoring.]
1. To mark with lines, scratches, or notches; to cut notches
or furrows in; to notch; to scratch; to furrow; as, to
score timber for hewing; to score the back with a lash.
Let us score their backs. --Shak.
A briar in that tangled wilderness Had scored her
white right hand. --M. Arnold.
2. Especially, to mark with significant lines or notches, for
indicating or keeping account of something; as, to score a
3. To mark or signify by lines or notches; to keep record or
account of; to set down; to record; to charge.
Madam, I know when, Instead of five, you scored me
Nor need I tallies thy dear love to score. --Shak.
4. To engrave, as upon a shield. [R.] --Spenser.
5. To make a score of, as points, runs, etc., in a game.
6. (Mus.) To write down in proper order and arrangement; as,
to score an overture for an orchestra. See Score, n., 9.
7. (Geol.) To mark with parallel lines or scratches; as, the
rocks of New England and the Western States were scored in
the drift epoch.
Meaning of Scoring from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Scoring