Definition of Score. Meaning of Score. Synonyms of Score
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Score.
Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Score and, of course, Score synonyms and on the right images related to the word Score.
Definition of Score
ScoreScore Score (sk[=o]r), v. t. [imp. & p. p. Scored
(sk[=o]rd); p. pr. & vb. n. Scoring.]
1. To mark with lines, scratches, or notches; to cut notches
or furrows in; to notch; to scratch; to furrow; as, to
score timber for hewing; to score the back with a lash.
Let us score their backs. --Shak.
A briar in that tangled wilderness Had scored her
white right hand. --M. Arnold.
2. Especially, to mark with significant lines or notches, for
indicating or keeping account of something; as, to score a
3. To mark or signify by lines or notches; to keep record or
account of; to set down; to record; to charge.
Madam, I know when, Instead of five, you scored me
Nor need I tallies thy dear love to score. --Shak.
4. To engrave, as upon a shield. [R.] --Spenser.
5. To make a score of, as points, runs, etc., in a game.
6. (Mus.) To write down in proper order and arrangement; as,
to score an overture for an orchestra. See Score, n., 9.
7. (Geol.) To mark with parallel lines or scratches; as, the
rocks of New England and the Western States were scored in
the drift epoch.
Score Score, v. i.
1. To keep the score in a game; to act as scorer.
2. To make or count a point or points, as in a game; to
3. To run up a score, or account of dues.
Meaning of Score from wikipedia
- Look up score
in Wiktionary, the free dictionary. Score
to: Test score
, the result
of an exam or test Score
(software), a music scorewriter program SCORE
(television), a w****end sports service
of the defunct Financial
- The Apgar score
is a quick
way for doctors
of all newborns
at 1 and 5 minutes after birth
and in response
to resuscitation. It...
- The Score
to: The Score
(1978 film), a 1978 Swedish
(2001 film), a 2001 crime drama
- A film score
is original music written specifically
a film. The score comprises
of orchestral, instrumental, or choral pieces
- In statistics, the standard score
is the number
of standard deviations
of a raw score
(i.e., an observed value
or data point) is above...
- In statistical analysis
classification, the F-score
or F-measure is a measure
of a test's accuracy. It is calculated
from the precision
- sum of the pars of each round). For scoring
purposes, a golfer's number
with the par score
how much the golfer
- A credit score
is a numerical expression based
on a level analysis
of a person's credit
files, to represent
of an individual. A credit...
- sequential organ failure
), previously known
as the sepsis-related organ failure
, is used to track
a person's status...
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Score