Definition of Score. Meaning of Score. Synonyms of Score
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Score.
Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Score and, of course, Score synonyms and on the right images related to the word Score.
Definition of Score
ScoreScore Score (sk[=o]r), v. t. [imp. & p. p. Scored
(sk[=o]rd); p. pr. & vb. n. Scoring.]
1. To mark with lines, scratches, or notches; to cut notches
or furrows in; to notch; to scratch; to furrow; as, to
score timber for hewing; to score the back with a lash.
Let us score their backs. --Shak.
A briar in that tangled wilderness Had scored her
white right hand. --M. Arnold.
2. Especially, to mark with significant lines or notches, for
indicating or keeping account of something; as, to score a
3. To mark or signify by lines or notches; to keep record or
account of; to set down; to record; to charge.
Madam, I know when, Instead of five, you scored me
Nor need I tallies thy dear love to score. --Shak.
4. To engrave, as upon a shield. [R.] --Spenser.
5. To make a score of, as points, runs, etc., in a game.
6. (Mus.) To write down in proper order and arrangement; as,
to score an overture for an orchestra. See Score, n., 9.
7. (Geol.) To mark with parallel lines or scratches; as, the
rocks of New England and the Western States were scored in
the drift epoch.
Score Score, v. i.
1. To keep the score in a game; to act as scorer.
2. To make or count a point or points, as in a game; to
3. To run up a score, or account of dues.
Meaning of Score from wikipedia
to: Test score
, the result
of an exam or test Score
Digital, now part of Bauer Radio Score
Entertainment, a former American
- The Score
to: The Score
(1978 film), a 1978 Swedish
(2001 film), a 2001 crime drama
- In statistics, the standard score
is the number
of standard deviations
of a raw score
(i.e., an observed value
or data point) is above...
- A film score
is original music written specifically
a film. The score comprises
of orchestral, instrumental, or choral pieces
(software), a music scorewriter program SCORE
(television), a w****end sports service
of the defunct Financial
- In statistical analysis
classification, the F-score
or F-measure is a measure
of a test's accuracy. It is calculated
from the precision
- Michael Gordon Score
(born 5 November
1957) is an English
who achieved worldwide
fame as the founder, lead vocalist, and...
- The Perfect Score
is a 2004 American
teen comedy-heist film directed
by Brian Robbins
and starring Chris
- A Score
is a 2019 American action thriller
Ku. It stars Nicolas
Cage and Benjamin
Bratt. It was released
- sequential organ failure
), previously known
as the sepsis-related organ failure
, is used to track
a person's status...
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Score