Definition of Rolls. Meaning of Rolls. Synonyms of Rolls
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Rolls.
Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Rolls and, of course, Rolls synonyms and on the right images related to the word Rolls.
Definition of Rolls
RollRoll Roll, v. i.
1. To move, as a curved object may, along a surface by
rotation without sliding; to revolve upon an axis; to turn
over and over; as, a ball or wheel rolls on the earth; a
body rolls on an inclined plane.
And her foot, look you, is fixed upon a spherical
stone, which rolls, and rolls, and rolls. --Shak.
2. To move on wheels; as, the carriage rolls along the
street. ``The rolling chair.' --Dryden.
3. To be wound or formed into a cylinder or ball; as, the
cloth rolls unevenly; the snow rolls well.
4. To fall or tumble; -- with over; as, a stream rolls over a
5. To perform a periodical revolution; to move onward as with
a revolution; as, the rolling year; ages roll away.
6. To turn; to move circularly.
And his red eyeballs roll with living fire.
7. To move, as waves or billows, with alternate swell and
What different sorrows did within thee roll.
8. To incline first to one side, then to the other; to rock;
as, there is a great difference in ships about rolling; in
a general semse, to be tossed about.
Twice ten tempestuous nights I rolled. --Pope.
9. To turn over, or from side to side, while lying down; to
wallow; as, a horse rolls.
10. To spread under a roller or rolling-pin; as, the paste
11. To beat a drum with strokes so rapid that they can
scarcely be distinguished by the ear.
12. To make a loud or heavy rumbling noise; as, the thunder
To roll about, to gad abroad. [Obs.]
Man shall not suffer his wife go roll about.
--Chaucer. RollRoll Roll, n. [F. r[^o]le a roll (in sense 3), fr. L. rotulus
? little wheel, LL., a roll, dim. of L. rota a wheel. See
Roll, v., and cf. R[^o]le, Rouleau, Roulette.]
1. The act of rolling, or state of being rolled; as, the roll
of a ball; the roll of waves.
2. That which rolls; a roller. Specifically:
(a) A heavy cylinder used to break clods. --Mortimer.
(b) One of a set of revolving cylinders, or rollers,
between which metal is pressed, formed, or smoothed,
as in a rolling mill; as, to pass rails through the
3. That which is rolled up; as, a roll of fat, of wool,
paper, cloth, etc. Specifically:
(a) A document written on a piece of parchment, paper, or
other materials which may be rolled up; a scroll.
Busy angels spread The lasting roll, recording
what we say. --Prior.
Meaning of Rolls from wikipedia
- Roll or Rolls
to: Roll (flight), motion about
axis of an aircraft
Roll, an aerobatic maneuver
Roll program, an aerodynamic...
plc is a British multinational aerospace
and defence company incorporated
2011. The company
-Royce, a business...
-Royce was a British luxury
car and later
an aero-engine manufacturing business established
in 1904 in Manchester, United Kingdom
by the partnership...
is a British luxury automobile
Cars Limited operates
from purpose-built administrative
was a British luxury
car manufacturer, created
in 1973 during
the de-merger of the Rolls
-Royce automotive business
from the nationalised...
- This is a list of Rolls
-Royce branded motor
cars and includes vehicles manufactured
- The Jesus Rolls
is a 2020 American crime comedy
by, and starring
John Turturro. It doubles
as a remake
of the 1974 French
- company Rolls
-Royce Deutschland Rolls
-Royce Power Systems Rolls
-Royce Marine Power Operations Rolls
-Royce North America Rolls
-Royce Turbomeca Rolls
- The Rolls
is a British
liquid-cooled V-12 piston
of 27-litres (1,650 cu in) capacity. Rolls
- Steve Rolls
15, 1984) is a Canadian middleweight professional boxer
from Chatham, Ontario. He trains
with Ryan Grant
at Grant's MMA & Tommy...
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Rolls