Definition of Rolls. Meaning of Rolls. Synonyms of Rolls
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Rolls. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Rolls and, of course, Rolls synonyms and on the right images related to the word Rolls.
Definition of Rolls
RollRoll Roll, v. i.
1. To move, as a curved object may, along a surface by
rotation without sliding; to revolve upon an axis; to turn
over and over; as, a ball or wheel rolls on the earth; a
body rolls on an inclined plane.
And her foot, look you, is fixed upon a spherical
stone, which rolls, and rolls, and rolls. --Shak.
2. To move on wheels; as, the carriage rolls along the
street. ``The rolling chair.' --Dryden.
3. To be wound or formed into a cylinder or ball; as, the
cloth rolls unevenly; the snow rolls well.
4. To fall or tumble; -- with over; as, a stream rolls over a
5. To perform a periodical revolution; to move onward as with
a revolution; as, the rolling year; ages roll away.
6. To turn; to move circularly.
And his red eyeballs roll with living fire.
7. To move, as waves or billows, with alternate swell and
What different sorrows did within thee roll.
8. To incline first to one side, then to the other; to rock;
as, there is a great difference in ships about rolling; in
a general semse, to be tossed about.
Twice ten tempestuous nights I rolled. --Pope.
9. To turn over, or from side to side, while lying down; to
wallow; as, a horse rolls.
10. To spread under a roller or rolling-pin; as, the paste
11. To beat a drum with strokes so rapid that they can
scarcely be distinguished by the ear.
12. To make a loud or heavy rumbling noise; as, the thunder
To roll about, to gad abroad. [Obs.]
Man shall not suffer his wife go roll about.
--Chaucer. RollRoll Roll, n. [F. r[^o]le a roll (in sense 3), fr. L. rotulus
? little wheel, LL., a roll, dim. of L. rota a wheel. See
Roll, v., and cf. R[^o]le, Rouleau, Roulette.]
1. The act of rolling, or state of being rolled; as, the roll
of a ball; the roll of waves.
2. That which rolls; a roller. Specifically:
(a) A heavy cylinder used to break clods. --Mortimer.
(b) One of a set of revolving cylinders, or rollers,
between which metal is pressed, formed, or smoothed,
as in a rolling mill; as, to pass rails through the
3. That which is rolled up; as, a roll of fat, of wool,
paper, cloth, etc. Specifically:
(a) A document written on a piece of parchment, paper, or
other materials which may be rolled up; a scroll.
Busy angels spread The lasting roll, recording
what we say. --Prior.
Meaning of Rolls from wikipedia
plc (company number
04706930) is a British multinational engineering company incorporated
2011 that owns Rolls
- Roll or Rolls
to: Roll, Arizona, US Roll, Indiana, US Roll, Oklahoma, US Louis
de Roll (1750-?), Swiss-born officer
in the French...
- the rights
to the Rolls
name and logo from Rolls
-Royce plc and acquired
to the Spirit
-Royce grill shape
-Royce was a British luxury
car and later
an aero-engine manufacturing business established
in 1904 by the partnership
of Charles Rolls
- 2011 Rolls
-Royce Deutschland Rolls
-Royce Power Systems Rolls
-Royce Marine Power Operations Rolls
-Royce North America Rolls
-Royce Turbomeca Rolls
- The Rolls
is a British
Cars. The "Ghost" nameplate, named
of the Silver
VIII is a full-sized luxury saloon manufactured
Cars. It is the eighth
and current generation
of the Rolls
- Steve Rolls
15, 1984) is a Canadian middleweight professional boxer
from Chatham, Ontario. He currently resides
in Etobicoke, Ontario, and...
- The Rolls
VII is a full-sized luxury saloon
car made by Rolls
in 2003, it was the first Rolls
- The Rolls
is a full-sized luxury
Cars. The Cullinan
is the first
SUV to be launched
by the Rolls
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Rolls