Definition of Respective. Meaning of Respective. Synonyms of Respective
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Respective. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Respective and, of course, Respective synonyms and on the right images related to the word Respective.
Definition of Respective
RespectiveRespective Re*spec"tive (r?*sp?k"t?v), a. [Cf. F. respectif,
LL. respectivus. See Respect.]
1. Noticing with attention; hence, careful; wary;
If you look upon the church of England with a
respective eye, you can not . . . refuse this
charge. --A?p. Sandys.
2. Looking towardl having reference to; relative, not
absolute; as, the respective connections of society.
3. Relating to particular persons or things, each to each;
particular; own; as, they returned to their respective
places of abode.
4. Fitted to awaken respect. [Obs.] --Shak.
5. Rendering respect; respectful; regardful. [Obs.]
With respective shame, rose, took us by the hands.
With thy equals familiar, yet respective. --Lord
Meaning of Respective from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Respective