Definition of Shares. Meaning of Shares. Synonyms of Shares
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Shares. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Shares and, of course, Shares synonyms and on the right images related to the word Shares.
Definition of Shares
Granger stocks Granger stocks or shares shares
Stocks or shares of the granger railroads.
ShareShare Share, n. [OE. schar, AS. scear; akin to OHG. scaro, G.
schar, pflugshar, and E. shear, v. See Shear.]
1. The part (usually an iron or steel plate) of a plow which
cuts the ground at the bottom of a furrow; a plowshare.
2. The part which opens the ground for the reception of the
seed, in a machine for sowing seed. --Knight.
Share Share, v. i.
To have part; to receive a portion; to partake, enjoy, or
suffer with others.
A right of inheritance gave every one a title to share
in the goods of his father. --Locke.
ShareShare Share, n. [OE. share, AS. scearu, scaru, fr. sceran to
shear, cut. See Shear, v.]
1. A certain quantity; a portion; a part; a division; as, a
small share of prudence.
2. Especially, the part allotted or belonging to one, of any
property or interest owned by a number; a portion among
others; an apportioned lot; an allotment; a dividend. ``My
share of fame.' --Dryden.
3. Hence, one of a certain number of equal portions into
which any property or invested capital is divided; as, a
ship owned in ten shares.
4. The pubes; the sharebone. [Obs.] --Holland.
To go shares, to partake; to be equally concerned.
Share and share alike, in equal shares. ShareShare Share, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Shared; p. pr. & vb. n.
1. To part among two or more; to distribute in portions; to
Suppose I share my fortune equally between my
children and a stranger. --Swift.
Meaning of Shares from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Shares