Definition of Recognizes. Meaning of Recognizes. Synonyms of Recognizes
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Recognizes.
Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Recognizes and, of course, Recognizes synonyms and on the right images related to the word Recognizes.
Definition of Recognizes
RecognizeRecognize Rec"og*nize, v. i. (Law)
To enter an obligation of record before a proper tribunal;
as, A, B recognized in the sum of twenty dollars. [Written
Note: In legal usage in the United States the second syllable
is often accented. RecognizeRecognize Rec"og*nize, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Recognized; p.
pr. & vb. n. Recognizing.] [From Recognizance; see
Cognition, and cf. Reconnoiter.] [Written also
1. To know again; to perceive the identity of, with a person
or thing previously known; to recover or recall knowledge
Speak, vassal; recognize thy sovereign queen.
2. To avow knowledge of; to allow that one knows; to consent
to admit, hold, or the like; to admit with a formal
acknowledgment; as, to recognize an obligation; to
recognize a consul.
3. To acknowledge acquaintance with, as by salutation,
bowing, or the like.
4. To show appreciation of; as, to recognize services by a
5. To review; to re["e]xamine. [Obs.] --South.
6. To reconnoiter. [Obs.] --R. Monro.
Syn: To acknowledge; avow; confess; own; allow; concede. See
Meaning of Recognizes from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Recognizes