Definition of Recognise. Meaning of Recognise. Synonyms of Recognise
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Recognise. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Recognise and, of course, Recognise synonyms and on the right images related to the word Recognise.
Definition of Recognise
recogniseRecognize Rec"og*nize, v. i. (Law)
To enter an obligation of record before a proper tribunal;
as, A, B recognized in the sum of twenty dollars. [Written
Note: In legal usage in the United States the second syllable
is often accented. recogniseRecognize Rec"og*nize, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Recognized; p.
pr. & vb. n. Recognizing.] [From Recognizance; see
Cognition, and cf. Reconnoiter.] [Written also
1. To know again; to perceive the identity of, with a person
or thing previously known; to recover or recall knowledge
Speak, vassal; recognize thy sovereign queen.
2. To avow knowledge of; to allow that one knows; to consent
to admit, hold, or the like; to admit with a formal
acknowledgment; as, to recognize an obligation; to
recognize a consul.
3. To acknowledge acquaintance with, as by salutation,
bowing, or the like.
4. To show appreciation of; as, to recognize services by a
5. To review; to re["e]xamine. [Obs.] --South.
6. To reconnoiter. [Obs.] --R. Monro.
Syn: To acknowledge; avow; confess; own; allow; concede. See
Meaning of Recognise from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Recognise