Definition of Prone. Meaning of Prone. Synonyms of Prone
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Prone. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Prone and, of course, Prone synonyms and on the right images related to the word Prone.
Definition of Prone
ProneProne Prone, a. [L. pronus, akin to Gr. ?, ?, Skr. pravana
sloping, inclined, and also to L. pro forward, for. See
1. Bending forward; inclined; not erect.
Towards him they bend With awful reverence prone.
2. Prostrate; flat; esp., lying with the face down; --
opposed to supine.
Which, as the wind, Blew where it listed, laying all
things prone. --Byron.
3. Headlong; running downward or headlong. ``Down thither
prone in flight.' --Milton.
4. Sloping, with reference to a line or surface; declivous;
inclined; not level.
Since the floods demand, For their descent, a prone
and sinking land. --Blackmore.
5. Inclined; propense; disposed; -- applied to the mind or
affections, usually in an ill sense. Followed by to.
``Prone to mischief.' --Shak.
Poets are nearly all prone to melancholy. --Landor.
Meaning of Prone from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Prone