Definition of Patients. Meaning of Patients. Synonyms of Patients
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Patients. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Patients and, of course, Patients synonyms and on the right images related to the word Patients.
Definition of Patients
PatientPatient Pa"tient, a. [F., fr. L. patiens, -entis, p. pr. of
pati to suffer. Cf. Pathos, Passion.]
1. Having the quality of enduring; physically able to suffer
Patient of severest toil and hardship. --Bp. Fell.
2. Undergoing pains, trails, or the like, without murmuring
or fretfulness; bearing up with equanimity against
3. Constant in pursuit or exertion; persevering; calmly
diligent; as, patient endeavor.
Whatever I have done is due to patient thought.
4. Expectant with calmness, or without discontent; not hasty;
not overeager; composed.
Not patient to expect the turns of fate. --Prior.
5. Forbearing; long-suffering.
Be patient toward all men. --1 Thess. v.
14. PatientPatient Pa"tient, n.
1. ONe who, or that which, is passively affected; a passive
Malice is a passion so impetuous and precipitate
that often involves the agent and the patient.
2. A person under medical or surgical treatment; --
correlative to physician or nurse.
Like a physician, . . . seeing his patient in a
pestilent fever. --Sir P.
In patient, a patient who receives lodging and food, as
treatment, in a hospital or an infirmary.
Out patient, one who receives advice and medicine, or
treatment, from an infirmary.
Patient Pa"tient, v. t.
To compose, to calm. [Obs.] ``Patient yourself, madam.'
Meaning of Patients from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Patients