Definition of Pad. Meaning of Pad. Synonyms of Pad
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Pad. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Pad and, of course, Pad synonyms and on the right images related to the word Pad.
Definition of Pad
PadPad Pad, n. [D. pad. [root]21. See Path.]
1. A footpath; a road. [Obs. or Prov. Eng.]
2. An easy-paced horse; a padnag. --Addison
An abbot on an ambling pad. --Tennyson.
3. A robber that infests the road on foot; a highwayman; --
usually called a footpad. --Gay. Byron.
4. The act of robbing on the highway. [Obs.]
Pad Pad, v. t.
To travel upon foot; to tread. [Obs.]
Padding the streets for half a crown. --Somerville.
Pad Pad, v. i.
1. To travel heavily or slowly. --Bunyan.
2. To rob on foot. [Obs.] --Cotton Mather.
3. To wear a path by walking. [Prov. Eng.]
PadPad Pad, n. [Perh. akin to pod.]
1. A soft, or small, cushion; a mass of anything soft;
2. A kind of cushion for writing upon, or for blotting; esp.,
one formed of many flat sheets of writing paper, or layers
of blotting paper; a block of paper.
3. A cushion used as a saddle without a tree or frame.
4. A stuffed guard or protection; esp., one worn on the legs
of horses to prevent bruising.
5. (Zo["o]l.) A cushionlike thickening of the skin one the
under side of the toes of animals.
6. A floating leaf of a water lily or similar plant.
7. (Med.) A soft bag or cushion to relieve pressure, support
a part, etc.
8. (Naut.) A piece of timber fixed on a beam to fit the curve
of the deck. --W. C. Russel.
9. A measure for fish; as, sixty mackerel go to a pad; a
basket of soles. [Eng.] --Simmonds.
Pad cloth, a saddlecloth; a housing.
Pad saddle. See def. 3, above.
Pad tree (Harness Making), a piece of wood or metal which
gives rigidity and shape to a harness pad. --Knight. PadPad Pad, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Padded; p. pr. & vb. n.
1. To stuff; to furnish with a pad or padding.
2. (Calico Printing) To imbue uniformly with a mordant; as,
to pad cloth. --Ure.
Meaning of Pad from wikipedia
, protective equipment
used in baseball, cricket, and hockey Elbow pads
Knee pads Shoulder pads Sanitary pad
as an initialism
to: Peter Allen
David, American writer Poker After
Dark, a poker television
show which features
sit and gos and cash games...
thai, or phad thai (/ˌpɑːd
ˈtaɪ/ or /ˌpæd ˈtaɪ/; Thai: ผัดไทย, RTGS: phat thai, ISO: p̄hạdịthy, pronounced [pʰàt tʰāj] (listen), 'Thai stir fry'),...
) is a line of tablet computers
run the iOS and iPad
OS mobile operating
- The Kaoss Pad
is an audio effects
by Korg in 1999. Features
models, but Kaoss Pads generally allow users
and loop audio...
Man is a 2018 Indian
Hindi-language comedy-drama film directed
by R. Balki, featuring Akshay
Kumar, Sonam Kapoor
Apte in lead...
- A heating pad
is a pad
used for warming
of the body in order
pain. Localized application
of heat causes
the blood vessels
in that area...
- A sanitary
towel, sanitary pad
, menstrual pad
, or pad
is an absorbent
item worn in the underwear
when menstruating, bleeding after
- 2021. A pad
to be designated
39C, which would
have been a copy of pads
39A and 39B, was originally planned
built. A smaller pad
- A D-pad
(short for digital pad
or directional pad
; also known
as a control pad
) is a flat, usually
digital, four-way directional...
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Pad