Definition of Margins. Meaning of Margins. Synonyms of Margins
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Margins. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Margins and, of course, Margins synonyms and on the right images related to the word Margins.
Definition of Margins
MarginMargin Mar"gin, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Margined; p. pr. & vb.
1. To furnish with a margin.
2. To enter in the margin of a page. MarginMargin Mar"gin, n. [OE. margine, margent, L. margo, ginis. Cf.
March a border, Marge.]
1. A border; edge; brink; verge; as, the margin of a river or
2. Specifically: The part of a page at the edge left
uncovered in writing or printing.
3. (Com.) The difference between the cost and the selling
price of an article.
4. Something allowed, or reserved, for that which can not be
foreseen or known with certainty.
5. (Brokerage) Collateral security deposited with a broker to
secure him from loss on contracts entered into by him on
behalf of his principial, as in the speculative buying and
selling of stocks, wheat, etc. --N. Biddle.
Margin draft (Masonry), a smooth cut margin on the face of
hammer-dressed ashlar, adjacent to the joints.
Margin of a course (Arch.), that part of a course, as of
slates or shingles, which is not covered by the course
immediately above it. See 2d Gauge.
Syn: Border; brink; verge; brim; rim.
Meaning of Margins from wikipedia
to: Margasin, also known
, a village
Province, Iran Margin
(typography), the white space
- Chicago Mercantile Exchange
in 1988, for calculating margins
and ****ures. A margin account
is a loan account
by a share trader
with a broker...
Call is a 2011 American drama
by J. C. Chandor
in his feature directorial
debut. The prin****l story takes place
- know their approximate business margins
. Managers differ
widely, however, in the ****umptions they use in calculating margins
and in the ways they analyze...
- cervical margin
of a tooth
is the surface above
of the crown
of the tooth
and the root of the tooth. Dental terminology
- Typically, low contribution margins
in the labor-intensive service sector while
high contribution margins
in the capital-intensive...
- Profit margin
, net margin
, net profit margin
or net profit ratio
is a measure
of profitability. It is calculated
the net profit
as a percentage...
or left edge of a column
of text. Marks
made in the margins
are an important method
- The margin
is a statistic expressing
of random sampling error
in the results
of a survey. The larger
of error, the less...
- In business, operating margin
as operating income margin
, operating profit margin
, EBIT margin
(ROS)—is the ratio
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Margins