Definition of Institute. Meaning of Institute. Synonyms of Institute
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Institute. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Institute and, of course, Institute synonyms and on the right images related to the word Institute.
Definition of Institute
InstituteInstitute In"sti*tute, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Instituted; p.
pr. & vb. n. Instituting.]
1. To set up; to establish; to ordain; as, to institute laws,
2. To originate and establish; to found; to organize; as, to
institute a court, or a society.
Whenever any from of government becomes destructive
of these ends it is the right of the people to alter
or to abolish it, and to institute a new government.
3. To nominate; to appoint. [Obs.]
We institute your Grace To be our regent in these
parts of France. --Shak.
4. To begin; to commence; to set on foot; as, to institute an
inquiry; to institute a suit.
And haply institute A course of learning and
ingenious studies. --Shak.
5. To ground or establish in principles and rudiments; to
educate; to instruct. [Obs.]
If children were early instituted, knowledge would
insensibly insinuate itself. --Dr. H. More.
6. (Eccl. Law) To invest with the spiritual charge of a
benefice, or the care of souls. --Blackstone.
Syn: To originate; begin; commence; establish; found; erect;
organize; appoint; ordain.
Meaning of Institute from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Institute