Definition of Extension. Meaning of Extension. Synonyms of Extension
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Extension. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Extension and, of course, Extension synonyms and on the right images related to the word Extension.
Definition of Extension
ExtensionExtension Ex*ten"sion, n. [L. extensio: cf. F. extension. See
Extend, v. t.]
1. The act of extending or the state of being extended; a
stretching out; enlargement in breadth or continuation of
length; increase; augmentation; expansion.
2. (Physics) That property of a body by which it occupies a
portion of space.
3. (Logic & Metaph.) Capacity of a concept or general term to
include a greater or smaller number of objects; --
correlative of intension.
The law is that the intension of our knowledge is in
the inverse ratio of its extension. --Sir W.
The extension of [the term] plant is greater than
that of geranium, because it includes more objects.
4. (Surg.) The operation of stretching a broken bone so as to
bring the fragments into the same straight line.
5. (Physiol.) The straightening of a limb, in distinction
6. (Com.) A written engagement on the part of a creditor,
allowing a debtor further time to pay a debt.
Counter extension. (Surg.) See under Counter.
Extension table, a table so constructed as to be readily
extended or contracted in length.
Meaning of Extension from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Extension