Definition of Improve. Meaning of Improve. Synonyms of Improve
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Improve.
Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Improve and, of course, Improve synonyms and on the right images related to the word Improve.
Definition of Improve
Improve Im*prove", v. t. [Pref. im- not + prove: cf. L.
improbare, F. improuver.]
1. To disprove or make void; to refute. [Obs.]
Neither can any of them make so strong a reason
which another can not improve. --Tyndale.
2. To disapprove; to find fault with; to reprove; to censure;
as, to improve negligence. [Obs.] --Chapman.
When he rehearsed his preachings and his doing unto
the high apostles, they could improve nothing.
ImproveImprove Im*prove", v. i.
1. To grow better; to advance or make progress in what is
desirable; to make or show improvement; as, to improve in
We take care to improve in our frugality and
2. To advance or progress in bad qualities; to grow worse.
``Domitain improved in cruelty.' --Milner.
3. To increase; to be enhanced; to rise in value; as, the
price of cotton improves.
To improve on or upon, to make useful additions or
amendments to, or changes in; to bring nearer to
perfection; as, to improve on the mode of tillage.
Meaning of Improve from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Improve