Definition of Governments. Meaning of Governments. Synonyms of Governments
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Governments.
Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Governments and, of course, Governments synonyms and on the right images related to the word Governments.
Definition of Governments
GovernmentGovernment Gov"ern*ment, n. [F. gouvernement. See Govern.]
1. The act of governing; the exercise of authority; the
administration of laws; control; direction; regulation;
as, civil, church, or family government.
2. The mode of governing; the system of polity in a state;
the established form of law.
That free government which we have so dearly
purchased, free commonwealth. --Milton.
3. The right or power of governing; authority.
I here resign my government to thee. --Shak.
4. The person or persons authorized to administer the laws;
the ruling power; the administration.
When we, in England, speak of the government, we
generally understand the ministers of the crown for
the time being. --Mozley & W.
5. The body politic governed by one authority; a state; as,
the governments of Europe.
6. Management of the limbs or body. --Shak.
7. (Gram.) The influence of a word in regard to construction,
requiring that another word should be in a particular
Meaning of Governments from wikipedia
- organizations, such as state
and provincial governments
as well as local governments
. The word government derives
from the Gr**** verb κυβερνάω [kubernáo]...
- as of 2019. State governments
are the governments ruling states
and the chief minister heads
the state government
- China government
in Taiwan consists
and county governments
for their local governments
are not authorized
currency, they generally
have to raise revenue through either taxes
or bonds. As a result, state governments
- previously deposed governments
, and have been founded
to in****bent governments
. These governments
- as being
part of the government
1999, certain areas
of central government
have been devolved
to accountable governments
in Scotland, Wales
of the economy, government
institutions, and international
alignment. Provisional governments differ
from caretaker governments
- minority governments normally
have been formed
with one or more opposition parties agreeing
to vote in favour
of the legislation which governments
- This article lists successive British governments
, also referred
to as ministries, from the creation
of the Kingdom
of Great Britain
in 1707, continuing...
- national governments
, CSR Funds
the term "non-governmental
organization" implies independence
, many NGOs...
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Governments