Definition of Governments. Meaning of Governments. Synonyms of Governments
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Governments. Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Governments and, of course, Governments synonyms and on the right images related to the word Governments.
Definition of Governments
GovernmentGovernment Gov"ern*ment, n. [F. gouvernement. See Govern.]
1. The act of governing; the exercise of authority; the
administration of laws; control; direction; regulation;
as, civil, church, or family government.
2. The mode of governing; the system of polity in a state;
the established form of law.
That free government which we have so dearly
purchased, free commonwealth. --Milton.
3. The right or power of governing; authority.
I here resign my government to thee. --Shak.
4. The person or persons authorized to administer the laws;
the ruling power; the administration.
When we, in England, speak of the government, we
generally understand the ministers of the crown for
the time being. --Mozley & W.
5. The body politic governed by one authority; a state; as,
the governments of Europe.
6. Management of the limbs or body. --Shak.
7. (Gram.) The influence of a word in regard to construction,
requiring that another word should be in a particular
Meaning of Governments from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Governments