Definition of Governments. Meaning of Governments. Synonyms of Governments
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Governments.
Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Governments and, of course, Governments synonyms and on the right images related to the word Governments.
Definition of Governments
GovernmentGovernment Gov"ern*ment, n. [F. gouvernement. See Govern.]
1. The act of governing; the exercise of authority; the
administration of laws; control; direction; regulation;
as, civil, church, or family government.
2. The mode of governing; the system of polity in a state;
the established form of law.
That free government which we have so dearly
purchased, free commonwealth. --Milton.
3. The right or power of governing; authority.
I here resign my government to thee. --Shak.
4. The person or persons authorized to administer the laws;
the ruling power; the administration.
When we, in England, speak of the government, we
generally understand the ministers of the crown for
the time being. --Mozley & W.
5. The body politic governed by one authority; a state; as,
the governments of Europe.
6. Management of the limbs or body. --Shak.
7. (Gram.) The influence of a word in regard to construction,
requiring that another word should be in a particular
Meaning of Governments from wikipedia
- governance, the term government
used more specifically, to refer
to the approximately
200 independent national governments
of the economy, government
institutions, and international
alignment. Provisional governments differ
from caretaker governments
- This article lists successive British governments
, also referred
to as ministries, from the creation
of the Kingdom
of Great Britain
in 1707, continuing...
- "central" is also sometimes
used to describe
of a federation. The structure
of central governments
vary. Many countries
- as of 2019. State governments
are the governments ruling states
and the chief minister heads
the state government
- China government
in Taiwan consists
and county governments
for their local governments
- such as the Provinces
or Canada. Their governments
are also provincial governments
, are not the subject
of this article. The Commonwealth...
- has a single-party majority government
. In the United
Kingdom, coalition governments
as "national governments
have only been formed...
- governed, not just by governments
, but also by ourselves
and others. The semantic linking
in governmentality indicates
- State governments
of the United States
are institutional units
in the United States exercising functions
at a level below
that of the federal...
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Governments