Definition of Approach. Meaning of Approach. Synonyms of Approach
Here you will find one or more explanations in English for the word Approach.
Also in the bottom left of the page several parts of wikipedia pages related to the word Approach and, of course, Approach synonyms and on the right images related to the word Approach.
Definition of Approach
Approach Ap*proach", n. (Golf)
A stroke whose object is to land the ball on the putting
green. It is made with an iron club.
ApproachApproach Ap*proach", v. i. [imp. & p. p. Approached; p. pr.
& vb. n. Approaching.] [OE. approchen, aprochen, OF.
approcher, LL. appropriare, fr. L. ad + propiare to draw
near, prope near.]
1. To come or go near, in place or time; to draw nigh; to
Wherefore approached ye so nigh unto the city? --2
Sam. xi. 20.
But exhorting one another; and so much the more, as
ye see the day approaching. --Heb. x. 25.
2. To draw near, in a figurative sense; to make advances; to
approximate; as, he approaches to the character of the
Approach Ap*proach", v. t.
1. To bring near; to cause to draw near; to advance.
2. To come near to in place, time, or character; to draw
nearer to; as, to approach the city; to approach my cabin;
he approached the age of manhood.
He was an admirable poet, and thought even to have
approached Homer. --Temple.
3. (Mil.) To take approaches to.
ApproachApproach Ap*proach", n. [Cf. F. approche. See Approach, v.
1. The act of drawing near; a coming or advancing near. ``The
approach of summer.' --Horsley.
A nearer approach to the human type. --Owen.
2. A access, or opportunity of drawing near.
The approach to kings and principal persons.
3. pl. Movements to gain favor; advances.
4. A way, passage, or avenue by which a place or buildings
can be approached; an access. --Macaulay.
5. pl. (Fort.) The advanced works, trenches, or covered roads
made by besiegers in their advances toward a fortress or
6. (Hort.) See Approaching.
Meaning of Approach from wikipedia
Recent Searches ...
Related images to Approach